Going to Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

daylight

Feb 19, 2004
Tampines
daylight.fotopic.net
i b going to hong kong at the end of the month.
where are the places where i can take nice photos ?

any suggestions

you shd be exploring the country side than the city. Places where they film the sword fighting movies. very nice beach and sceneries with hills :)

What are you interested in taking?

Hong Kong is densely packed with life, contrast, interesting detailsm etc. If you have a keen eye, you'll find opportunities everywhere.

the most popular places are

1. Victoria Peak - you can take a tram to the peak which offers one of the best view of the city.
2. Star Ferry Terminal - you can take pictures of Kowloon from HK side and HK from Kowloon side - excellent nite view
3. Ladies Street - lots of stalls and people there

If you're going to HK. Try make your up to the The Peak 山顶. Up there gives you a breathtaking panaromic view of the HK skyline. Also, you might try find a vintage point to shoot the various bridges that llink the HK island and the mainland...the lights adorned on the 清马大桥 are beautiful to watch. :thumbsup:

Try go to the covention centre where they held the handover ceremony during 97'. Around there, you can also have the view of the citylites from ground level. Think in HK is this also new attaction called 星光大道, something like shooting lights on or from the buildings...not very sure. Could give it a try though.

Of course, for the mentioned above...pls try go during the nite.

But HK also provides a great shoot of busy metropolitan life. Maybe you could try taking shots of the masses and crowd at the MTR jus during the on/off work hours.

There are many more to shoot if you take to look around in almost any country. Have fun shooting and wish u a nice holiday! ;)

Actually me also nearly go HK, too bad no return tickets. Got to rush back to SG for school. :(
But I think Im going to China instead, not yet confirm.

Anyway, to those who are going to HK, enjoy ok. Remember keep shooting.

daylight said:
i signed up those free n easy tour package 4 around 520 bucks for 4d 3n.

Thank you daylight. That's a reasonable good offer.
But think they will charge more if I am going alone, right? :dunno:

Pinoy_SAP said:
interesting suggestions, im also going to HK next week (3rd wk of June). ill post my pics afterwards.

i am in HK liao :bsmilie:

if its your first time... go for the usual sight seeing places like
victoria peak , Tai O , Tsim Sha Tsui

bring a tripod for night shoot, the busy streets can be quite nice in Tsim Sha Tsui all the way to Mong Kok :thumbsup:
if more adventurous go Lan Kwai Fong when the pubs are saturated, very colourful lights also :D

lots of parks and trails for nature shooters but guess u wont have time for that :think:

cathay/SIA/valuair having promo now
3D2N packages : CX - $350 SQ - $370 VF - $400

seriously, i think if you want to take nice pics, u should not be going to the normal tourist spots. that is very normal. Can take the nature.. the treking hills have nice scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.