Going to Hong Kong, what to shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royce

Aug 25, 2003
Singapore
www.roycelithgo.com
Leaving tomorrow for work. Will be there 2 weeks. In that time should get a few days (on the weekends) to go shoot. Rest of the time, stuck in the office. :cry:

This is my first trip to HK, so don't really know what to expect or where to go for pics. As I've got such limited time there, I really want to go to the 'must see' places.

I've seen pics taken from the lookout (or whatever it's called) and thinking could do a nice pano from there. If not, is it worth taking tripod?

Anyone got any suggestions? Also, is it worth shopping for kit over there?

You can go to the Lau Tao Island (spelling?) to shoot the big buddha, Victoria Peak during day and night, the Tsim Sha Tsui skyline and the outter smaller islands.

I think there's a lot more place, any others got suggestions?

Shoot

1. Night cityscape from Victoria Peak. (Take the tram/cable car up the Peak from station at Central).

2. Night citycape of HK island from Tsim Sha Shui (Kowloon).

3. Neon light, traffic, human traffic and sign boards on streets.

4. Take a trip to country side (Tai Po etc.), Lantau Island or some other nearby islands.

etc.

arthurho said:
Shoot

1. Night cityscape from Victoria Peak. (Take the tram/cable car up the Peak from station at Central).

2. Night citycape of HK island from Tsim Sha Shui (Kowloon).

3. Neon light, traffic, human traffic and sign boards on streets.

4. Take a trip to country side (Tai Po etc.), Lantau Island or some other nearby islands.

etc.

Thanks, you've just given me my shooting assignment for the trip! :)

There are many photo shoot outings organized by various HK photo clubs in weekends. Some shoot scenery and some shoot pretty models. However all will be conducted in Cantonese.....

So many trips there, I always make 1 mistake, that's I never bring my trustworthy tripod... It is very important, especially for the beautiful night scene.

especially the pretty girls in hk? ;)

IMPORTANT!!

Shoot the food, hawkers, people, living, life! Esp food....

:vhappy:

Wa, if you happen to go to temple st, you must watch out for "ku huo zhai". My sis went to the nite market, there was this man performing there,waving at her. after she snap the shot, the man's face change colour. He's actually asking her not to take pics! :bsmilie:

vader said:
Wa, if you happen to go to temple st, you must watch out for "ku huo zhai". My sis went to the nite market, there was this man performing there,waving at her. after she snap the shot, the man's face change colour. He's actually asking her not to take pics! :bsmilie:

Sorry what is "ku huo zhai"?? What does he do?

TME said:
Sorry what is "ku huo zhai"?? What does he do?

Gangsters lah, never watch movies ah?! :bsmilie: anyway, the street scenes there is good, the buildings and the adverts billboards also.

Check out the streets, local wet market, CausewayBay for shopping and their "Ting Ting" bus

If you prefer street shooting, then HK will be your haven. HK street is very lively and crowded....

arikevin said:
not very but u can notice the difference :D

Yes yes, shoot the roadside hawkers, pple. If you like stalls, street shooting and shoppings, don't miss out "Tung choi" street, "Temple" street, "Mongkok", "NorthPoint (aka Bei Jiao in chinese) etc, shop, shoot, and eat till you drop. :sweatsm: All reachable by taking MTR.

Yum Yum.....

:angel:

there r plenty of opportunities to shoot...from gd architecture to exciting street life...even the back street activities can be very interesting as well...i supposed its a matter of opening our own lenses for our mechanical lense

xllms

togu said:
Yes yes, shoot the roadside hawkers, pple. If you like stalls, street shooting and shoppings, don't miss out "Tung choi" street, "Temple" street, "Mongkok", "NorthPoint (aka Bei Jiao in chinese) etc, shop, shoot, and eat till you drop. :sweatsm: All reachable by taking MTR.

Yum Yum.....

:angel:

hmmm, togu like to eat very much! same like me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.