Going to HK.. some tips needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonray

Mar 25, 2005
Hi guys,
me going to HK for 3-4days. Was thinking whether there's anyone there that's free to bring me around... Or just point out some of the nice places that i should be going.

Good food places, dishes, great shopping centres (I am going with my GF) and also great photo places.

Thinking of taking hong kong skyline, any idea where to do it? Thanks in advance...:)

bro u seem to be gg everywhere hor.....

i made a list of places last time...buten cancelled my trip
if u want i can pass u my planned itinery.....

cheers...

nope... 8th to 12th Sep
maybe you can let me know where's fun/good food etc. Thanks in advance Ray-stinger...
Anyway, you going on F&E packages? me also looking for good & cheap one... Haha...
Anyone knows of good and cheap F&E packages?

anyone?

shopping? harbor city, PACIFIC PLACE, causeway bay sogo, Tsim Sha Tsui...lots of clothes. Pacific Place is high budget but the clothes are really nice, like salfridges.

Disney at HK:thumbsup: should be a good choice.

soma said:
Disney at HK:thumbsup: should be a good choice.

checked already... will only be there 1st day... opening day... which means TICKETS are SOLD OUT! haha... thanks for suggesting anyway.... will wait for our very own Integrated Resorts to open then... haha...

HK skyline can be taken from:

1. Victoria Peak.
2. Star Ferry terminal and the walkway at TST.

Shatin got a huge shopping center. Actually got a lot la. Go library and borrow a guide book on HK will be better.

3 to 4 days not really enough...too much to explore.
anyway here are some places worth going imo.

Simply for phototaking must go places imo...
1. night sencery at victoria peak, very good for night shooting. (worth going)
2. visit avenue of stars for night photo shoot as well. (worth going)
3. Lantau - Po lin big buddha + nice surrounding senic view.
4. Star ferry to look at amazing skylines....

Shopping - Street Shooting? (I hate shopping centres...no no..)
1. tsim sha tsui...all around to walk, day to night!
2. mongkok, tung choi street(ladies market), sporting goods street at opposite.
3. forgot name of place but it is full of aquarium shops of both side of street...see till you blur! (oh ya you miss luohan? i think over there still popular..)(interesting to see look)

if you are going to take a look at disney you are very near to Lo Wu the custom to enter china...should be less than 20mins away if not wrong, may see look too since it is just stops away from disney land station on the canton railway.

that's some from me, not going to give too much for your 3 - 4 days trip! ;) it will be tiring!
overall it will be best to do your own homework and enjoy!

FOODS??? everywhere!!

dominator said:
3 to 4 days not really enough...too much to explore.
anyway here are some places worth going imo.

Simply for phototaking must go places imo...
1. night sencery at victoria peak, very good for night shooting. (worth going)
2. visit avenue of stars for night photo shoot as well. (worth going)
3. Lantau - Po lin big buddha + nice surrounding senic view.
4. Star ferry to look at amazing skylines....

Shopping - Street Shooting? (I hate shopping centres...no no..)
1. tsim sha tsui...all around to walk, day to night!
2. mongkok, tung choi street(ladies market), sporting goods street at opposite.
3. forgot name of place but it is full of aquarium shops of both side of street...see till you blur! (oh ya you miss luohan? i think over there still popular..)(interesting to see look)

if you are going to take a look at disney you are very near to Lo Wu the custom to enter china...should be less than 20mins away if not wrong, may see look too since it is just stops away from disney land station on the canton railway.

that's some from me, not going to give too much for your 3 - 4 days trip! ;) it will be tiring!
overall it will be best to do your own homework and enjoy!

FOODS??? everywhere!!

wow... that's really detailed... Thanks man! but I think that my GF will be more towards Shopping... so I guess will have to spend due time in the shopping malls... but as for Victoria Peak and all that... I guess it's good to go lah... haha... Will have to really borrow a guide book and go check it out... haha...

londonray said:
Thanks man... will go read it up... haha...
Hmm...if you are interested in highrises, perhaps even a trip up one of those skyscrapers can offer you great views.

Btw, is it "winter" season in HK when we reach Sept?

huaiwei said:
Hmm...if you are interested in highrises, perhaps even a trip up one of those skyscrapers can offer you great views.

Btw, is it "winter" season in HK when we reach Sept?
September is only the autumn sesson, not winter, it is usually warm and windy, if u are a fat one u can sweat easily. :bsmilie:

Astin, when will you be there till? Me going over soon, you organise model shoot there leh.

espn said:
Astin, when will you be there till? Me going over soon, you organise model shoot there leh.
I came back already, this weekend got shoots lah...
Now the ticket so cheap, can go anytime again. Currently there are (I guess) approximately 2000 model shoot organizers in Hong Kong so very easy to join one.

Wonder if they having one shoot on the weekend I going, where to find the organisers? :think: :think:

I am also thinking of going hk next month to do some shopping.

Any recommedations on hotels? I want one that is close by to electronics shopping like Lens/camera/laptop so I can shop late and feel safe and return to hotel.

Prefably not too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.