Going to France soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamcake

Aug 11, 2003
Despite the flu outbreak and flood, i had my jabs already..
i'm going to France...

What things to shoot in France? despite the usual stuff like the buildings...

And also, i know that filters from Cokin are made in France, does it mean that the filters/products by cokin are cheaper in there?

anyone knows where to buy them? (just tryin my luck)

which part of france you be going??
of course the buldings are not to be miss=p
do take care of the weather now, it getting pretty cold there now, esp at nitez.
not jus you, but the camera as well. When i am in paris sometime ago, my D camera actually malfuction when starting upz. dun worry too much as it is ready quite a rare case. but do take note to keep your camera n batts warm =p

cheers=p

yamcake said:
Despite the flu outbreak and flood, i had my jabs already..
i'm going to France...

What things to shoot in France? despite the usual stuff like the buildings...

And also, i know that filters from Cokin are made in France, does it mean that the filters/products by cokin are cheaper in there?

anyone knows where to buy them? (just tryin my luck)

going a tour round southern france and barcelona...

i have a 300d, 18-55mm, 28-105mm

i was quite stuck whether to bring 2 lens (for the wide part) or rather to bring te 28-105?

yamcake

i'n going france too, tml in fact :)
any idea if france is using the same type of plug as us?

You can find more things to shoot in Barcelona than in Southern France. The weather is better in Barcelona also. Shoot people, street scenes, etc. In Barcelona you must walk along the La Rambla (not sure spelt correct?) It is the equivalent of Orchard Road but bigger, livelier, more enjoyable.

Oh, about the plug, most western Europe countries use the 2 round pin (small pins) type. Singapore use the British plug which is totally non-compatible with the European plug.

ptm said:
yamcake

i'n going france too, tml in fact :)
any idea if france is using the same type of plug as us?

yes, austin is right..
France (or most euro countries) uses the round pin, WITH the earth hole (as in their wall socket will have a earth pin sticking out of the socket fitting the plug.
i bought the plug adapter near SLS for $2.50.

i'm leaving on sat... hehe... taking Malaysia airlines?
maybe we could meet on the plane.. hehe

shoot landscapes either urban or country and streetshots. these will be interesting because its a new country to the traveller... hope you get to travel out of the cities... have fun

yamcake said:
yes, austin is right..
France (or most euro countries) uses the round pin, WITH the earth hole (as in their wall socket will have a earth pin sticking out of the socket fitting the plug.
i bought the plug adapter near SLS for $2.50.

i'm leaving on sat... hehe... taking Malaysia airlines?
maybe we could meet on the plane.. hehe

oh...will go and get the adaptor or universal adaptor then.

i'm taking CX :)

Astin said:
You can find more things to shoot in Barcelona than in Southern France. The weather is better in Barcelona also. Shoot people, street scenes, etc. In Barcelona you must walk along the La Rambla (not sure spelt correct?) It is the equivalent of Orchard Road but bigger, livelier, more enjoyable.

Oh, about the plug, most western Europe countries use the 2 round pin (small pins) type. Singapore use the British plug which is totally non-compatible with the European plug.

ya...La Ramblas, Gaudi's architecture and the famous church, la familia or something.
nou camp if u support barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.