Going to an International School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, My criteria/s are a Nice campus ( nice scenery/location, nice food? nice place to sit down alone, etc etc)

ok, well not australian international school
nice campus but schooling is not its best
i attend there unfortunately
Tanglin Trust i am sure there is a long waiting list
So is UWC
dont no much bout other schools
good luck school hunting ;)

O.O How about between SJI and ACS, both inter

Tanglin Trust School, UWC, SAS and prob most other international schools are not allowed to take Singapore students. If you have Malaysian passport no problem but Singapore, cannot. They also have crazy waiting lists at the moment.

As for the others, not sure - Hwa Chong has a good reputation doesn't it?

Go for ACS(international). They have the IB program and smaller classes for better student-teacher ratio. The principal, John Barrett, is a no nonsense but very caring man. He knows most of his student. Most of the teachers are good and well trained. You should check it out.

Tanglin Trust School, UWC, SAS and prob most other international schools are not allowed to take Singapore students. If you have Malaysian passport no problem but Singapore, cannot. They also have crazy waiting lists at the moment.

As for the others, not sure - Hwa Chong has a good reputation doesn't it?

I have a SG passport =) anyway, ACS inter said that i am elligible to enter. The thing is, is that i am a little "wavered" knowing that it is an old campus :confused: ...

Old campus probably means more spacious

for what reason? :dunno:

Well, i would like to make some international friends? Get more contacts and connections, foreign exposure, learn about the culture about others from other countries. That being said, if i am able to get into ACJC with my O level results, i might just change over. =) if not , i wouldnot mind stayign in ACS(I) if i like it.

Well, i would like to make some international friends? Get more contacts and connections, foreign exposure, learn about the culture about others from other countries. That being said, if i am able to get into ACJC with my O level results, i might just change over. =) if not , i wouldnot mind stayign in ACS(I) if i like it.

go overseas and study then.

Went around today.

ACSI

Pros:
There's a kitchen! <3
Near nice hang out places i.e holland V. Jelita etc
They know the IB system better.
More "outgoing" people
(EDIT) they also have very small classes. Max of 26. 3-4 classes only

Cons:
Old Campus...(not very nice also)
Heard its pupils are super Drama..

SJI:

Pros:
Nice new campus!
Very small enrollment.classes ~20 per class X3

Cons:
I feel that the people there are more conservative..more studious? Mainly Singaporeans.
No nice hang out places i think...rofl

Parents dont feel safe if i go overseas....

then how you going to be independent and mature if you cannot get your parents to trust you?

then how you going to be independent and mature if you cannot get your parents to trust you?

Oh, I doubt they are worried about me as an individual. They are more worried about the overseas country itself and the enviroment i.e student body....Cause they arent sure of sercurity etc etc...

Speaking about independence and maturity, these are the least of my problems.

Anyway, even if i want to go overseas, its kinda late already. A pity i didnt know that i can go last year. If not i would have settle the admistrative work, choice of school so on and so forth.:D

some of the international school students i know are more singaporean than me :bsmilie:

that said, i personally would not consider sji/acs as international schools, not yet

if you want a very different experience, you might try UWC :)

some of the international school students i know are more singaporean than me :bsmilie:

that said, i personally would not consider sji/acs as international schools, not yet

if you want a very different experience, you might try UWC :)

UWC hard to get in. That one really need non-sg back ground :S

UWC hard to get in. That one really need non-sg back ground :S

That's true, especially if you have no foreign citizens in your immediate family.

ACS International is not too bad. Don't worry about the campus, it's just 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.