Going Perth in May for a short trip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnka

Apr 16, 2003
Singapore
will be there from 18-23 May. as its a F&E trip, any advices on how i shld plan my itinerary? any places in Perth I die die must visit? :think:

this is my virgin trip there so all advice welcome :embrass:

Go down south to Albany & Augusta, you can shoot nice sunrise & sunset photos along the coast. I like Leewin lighthouse in Augusta a lot.

Have Fun
Tachi..

1. Frementle to have good seafood meal. Try their super clam chowder.

2. Margaret River to visit vineyards and of course try their wines.

3. Dolphin and whale watching at the lighthouse in Augusta.

dnka said:
will be there from 18-23 May. as its a F&E trip, any advices on how i shld plan my itinerary? any places in Perth I die die must visit? :think:

this is my virgin trip there so all advice welcome :embrass:

It really depends on the weather. The end of May can be quite variable with conditions ranging from nice and warm to cold, wet and with winds from hell. What to see and do also depends on how long you have here, your budget and transport situation etc.

Ian

Tachi said:
Go down south to Albany & Augusta, you can shoot nice sunrise & sunset photos along the coast. I like Leewin lighthouse in Augusta a lot.

Have Fun
Tachi..

thanks Tachi, will take note... btw, how long is the drive from the city?

DennisLee said:
1. Frementle to have good seafood meal. Try their super clam chowder.

2. Margaret River to visit vineyards and of course try their wines.

3. Dolphin and whale watching at the lighthouse in Augusta.

Margaret River and Augusta had been mentioned to me multiple times... guessed its somewhere i should not missed. :D

Frementle? :think: is it a place or a restaurant? :embrass:

Ian said:
It really depends on the weather. The end of May can be quite variable with conditions ranging from nice and warm to cold, wet and with winds from hell. What to see and do also depends on how long you have here, your budget and transport situation etc.

Ian

thanks Ian. I'll be there from 18-23 May (5 nites). Was told its still Autumn then?

Will be staying at Observation Rise (heard of this place?) and will be renting a vehicle to drive around ourselves. budget wise, approx $500 per pax.

dnka said:
thanks Ian. I'll be there from 18-23 May (5 nites). Was told its still Autumn then?

Will be staying at Observation Rise (heard of this place?) and will be renting a vehicle to drive around ourselves. budget wise, approx $500 per pax.

Here's some basic (current) prices on things like fuel and accomodation (out of Perth)

Fuel - budget $1 AUD per litre. Prices are swinging here between 85~96c per litre in Perth, it's more in the country.

Accom: B&B or Backpackers $45-70 per night per person ranging up to several hundred per person for the upmarket joints.

With 5 nights:

Kings Park - overlooking Perth. Best time to shoot, around dusk.

Fremantle and Hillaries. This is a scenic drive from Hillaries boat harbour (northern suburbs of Perth) down the coast to Fremantle. Good coastal/beach scenes. Fremantle is great for food and historic buildings etc.

Margaret River - 4 hrs or so south of Perth (around 350km each way) .. wineries and caves. It's worth heading down there for a couple of days. Cheapest accom I know of is the Dunsborough Backpackers (under $50), no meals but it's new, clean and is like all backpackers shared facilities. It's about half an hour out of Margaret river. Lots to do and see down in this region including the Augusta lighthouse, wineries, Cape Naturaliste lighthouse, sugarloaf (rock off coast), nice forrest drives etc.

There's lots more to do and see, but it really depends on the weather (you are right on the edge of the rain/winter season, ie: end of autumn).

PM me and I'll clue you in on more.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.