Going Maldives in May.. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hihi..

Finally decided to spurlge and go to Maldives for a week or so. Will be staying at Hulele hotel for 1 night, 3 nights at club Med water suites and 4 nights at Banyan tree deluxe beachfront.

Anyone has been to these places? I want to know how's its like and whether the activities are worthwhile i.e. excursions.

Wont be diving, prob only snorkelling and relaxing and take some trips to island.

Photography wise, any specific? Was thinking of getting a underwater cover for my small canon camera but if not worth it then i wont.

Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA!:)

Hihi..

Finally decided to spurlge and go to Maldives for a week or so. Will be staying at Hulele hotel for 1 night, 3 nights at club Med water suites and 4 nights at Banyan tree deluxe beachfront.

Anyone has been to these places? I want to know how's its like and whether the activities are worthwhile i.e. excursions.

Wont be diving, prob only snorkelling and relaxing and take some trips to island.

Photography wise, any specific? Was thinking of getting a underwater cover for my small canon camera but if not worth it then i wont.

Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA!:)

I was there in May last year. Stayed at ClubMed as well photos here: http://www.pbase.com/seankyh/sights

Photography wise, the whole place is really beautiful with a lot of lush greenery as well. Don't miss the sunsets! ClubMed also organizes excursions to the fishermen villages. Worth a look. Nice kampung like surroundings for pics. Ooh.. don't forget to get a circular polarizer.

Underwater photos, I used my Sony with an underwater housing. You can see some here at http://www.pbase.com/seankyh/maldives_oct_2004

If you are snorkeling, my suggestion is to swim out from the water bungalow area in Club Med and there are a lot of corals there with fish sleeping. Really cute.

Banyan tree is really nice although I never had enough cash to make it there. Really want to some sunny day. Don't forget to post your pics here for me to drool.

Enjoy yourself!! I'm already envying you. You can also PM a ClubSnapper by the name of Hitman. He works there permanently. Do a post search and see his photos. Dolphins jumping outside his office window man.

wow..1wk and 3 resorts!! Banyan Tree! u know how to live big man!!

most impt is to enjoy....not take photography too seriously. I'm still wondering how to bring DSLR out on 'water' trips etc..even leaving it on the boat *scared*. Any heavy-duty water proof bag etc?

I don't think you can include Hulele Hotel as a 'resort'. It is only an airport hotel. It is a very good idea that nemesis32 decided to stay there the first night. Reason is ClubMed charges by the night and SQ flights arrive quite late at night. By the time you get to the resort, its about 11 pm. So, best to stay one night at the airport hotel (cheaper) and then make your way to the resort the next day. :thumbsup:

Best to get a pelican case. There are many water proof containers. Look for them in dive shops or marine supplies shops.

wow..1wk and 3 resorts!! Banyan Tree! u know how to live big man!!

most impt is to enjoy....not take photography too seriously. I'm still wondering how to bring DSLR out on 'water' trips etc..even leaving it on the boat *scared*. Any heavy-duty water proof bag etc?
Can get underwater casing for your DSLR also.... but the cost is quite high unless u are really into underwater photography to make it worthwhile

Status
Not open for further replies.