Going Kuala Lumpur, need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoia08

Jun 27, 2007
Singapore
Hi all...

I'll be going to KL soon.
Currently looking at hotels to book online.
The website I'm currently browsing at is http://www.kl-hotels.com .

Or is/are there better alternatives?
My 1st time booking online to KL, so need some guide here. =)
Also, which hotels do you guys recommend?

Budget wise, not really have a budget in mind. Just hopping to get a reasonable 1.
Best to be near shopping areas. =)

Was looking at this hotel.
Is this good? Anyone stay here before?

I'm going there for 3D2N by the way. Is it kinda short? For shopping, relaxing and look around.

Really appreciate you help. Thanks a million in advance.. :D

Cititel Mid Valley Hotel makes a lovely stay. but check price first. its not that cheap though

Hi all...

Budget wise, not really have a budget in mind. Just hopping to get a reasonable 1.

I'm going there for 3D2N by the way. Is it kinda short? For shopping, relaxing and look around.

Location wise, Impiana is 5 minutes from KLCC, 10 - 30 mins to Starhill, Lot 10 and even Times Square and Lau Yat. All these are walking times. As long as you know how to read a map, you should have no problem. Food wise, there are plenty of restaurants, fast food, food courts etc. Night life, you have Mandarin Oriental across Impiana, or you can walk 5 - 10 mins to a place called Beach Club (which is like Wala Wala in Holland V in SGP, albeit on a much larger scale. Just around the corner from Beach Club is Hard Rock Cafe KL.

If u want to be at the heart of KL, this place is right smack in the middle of it. Hope this helps :D

Hi all...

u might interested with this as it just at the "Makan street" cant remember the name of the street, Telor something.... near Sunei Wang.

http://www.numbereight.com.my/eight.html

I usually stay at Park Royal. Right in the shopping belt. Oppsite is Sungei wang and Lot 10. Starhill is just 5 mins away, Jalan Alor is 10 mins away, Pavillion latest highend shopping 5 mins away....just walk down (less than 5 mins) is the Overseas Chinese Restuarant (Very good chinese food):thumbsup::heart:
I don't like to stay near KLCC cos always jam!

Happy shopping!

http://www.latestays.com/

Really depends on your budget. In the website, choose Bukit Bintang or KLCC, both are really near and within shopping district. For me, i normally stay in service apts coz i go with family. btw, i am not saying this website is cheapest

3D2N, yes and no....think must see the company you go with. go with partner, means shop and shop, go with friends means party all the way ;p

Bukit Bintang, the stretch of shopping from starhill, lot 10 to sungei wang. not forgetting Time Sq as well. right opposite BB plaza is a KFC, that is where the makan street that one of the bros mentioned. Go at 5pm, at the KFC got a yu char kway kart that is to die for, cannot get in singapore one.

KLCC, no need to say lah. Then there is also Midvalley, chinatown and all the places to party at night.

Enjoy!

Thanks for all those invaluable guides...
Really helps me alot.
Anyway, I'll be going with my girlfriend.
For shopping and sightseeing.. 3D2N enough? hehe

How about Air Asia hotel. Very convenient location. I didn't try the hotel before.

Cititel Mid Valley Hotel makes a lovely stay. but check price first. its not that cheap though

My wife stayed at The Gardens at Mid Valley Hotel late last year.

Since you don't have a budget, it is a 5-stars hotel with promotional rate of A$300 per night.

She loves it and highly recommends it.

If u can..don't drive....

traffic jams there are now macam like bangkok...

Some Hotels to recommend for you.
KL Hilton, 5* - Est $220 @ KL Sentral (Good location to go anywhere shopping, good service)
Ritz Carlton, 5* - Est $240. Beside Pavilion Shopping Centre. In shopping district. Need to walk 10mins to monorail station (Good location, good service, Free internet access in room)
Berjaya TimesSquare, 5* - Est $170 @ Imbi Station (Good location to shop at Berjaya TimesSquare & B.Bintang
Melia Hotel - Budget hotel @ Imbi Station (Directly opp Berjaya TimesSquare)
Boulevard Hotel - Est $150 @ Mid Valley Station (Directly above shopping centre mid valley and beside KTM Kommuter)
Citadel Hotel - Same as Boulevard Hotel, slightly cheaper

Bukit Bintang Hotel - In central but seems like abit red-light district with lotsa massage near hotel. Good for shopping too.

I don't like to stay near KLCC cos always jam!

Happy shopping!

If you take their underground train, you can avoid most of the traffic jams.

However, the trains are small and packed with people, especially during office rush hours.

One final tip, if you take the taxi, do not go for those cab drivers who are waiting at the side of the road or at the taxi stands. These drivers are out to fleece you with fixed prices and usually refuse to use their meters.

If you flag down a passing taxi on the road, they will use the meter and you will get a fair price.

dont worry about taxi.. even those along the road.. just nego.. if they dont agree, walk away and go to another one.. little money better then no biz for them

Status
Not open for further replies.