Going IPPT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimtong said:
Hi going for my IPPT later wish me good luck :( :sweat:

Just do it, NIKE.

Loyal to the sport - Saucony

thanks guy for the moral support.. back liao with $200 incentive :D But no Nike or Adidas or Saucony.. me wear Asics :bsmilie:

Now all very high tech.. all stations automated.. even sit-up, chin up all count by computer, there are speaker attached, you can hear the counting :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

no more cheating :nono:

wah really all station automated liao ar? guess will be taking mine in a few weeks time. Sian scare of my 2.4km my worst station.Any tips to train? I always fail my 2.4km :embrass:

cast123 said:
wah really all station automated liao ar? guess will be taking mine in a few weeks time. Sian scare of my 2.4km my worst station.Any tips to train? I always fail my 2.4km :embrass:
run everyday.. Even if it's just a slow slow jog.. just make sure you start running.. Then on the week before your IPPT, start pushing yourself.. sure can one.. or that's what i'm told. HAHA! =x

cast123 said:

ooh.. you have to start traing now lor....

for a start of cos you have to practice running lah...

go short distance first maybe 1 km... you have to really run fast not jogging like you can still talk. This is speed training... do it twice a week. When you run, you have to push yourself. But if you are not sure about your own physical condition or have not run for long time... just dun over stress.. maybe do a shorter distance. Remember to tilt your body forward when you run.

No point doing 5km run just to train for 2.4km test.. they are diff type of run. 5km build endurance while fast and short distance train speed. Endurance is important but in IPPT, speed decide pass or fail. you get the idea? :D

lastly.. lost some weight if you think you are heavy :bsmilie:

Tks OzOn3 and jimtong for ur advise :thumbsup:

appreciated it :)

jimtong said:
:kok: his leg will break leh

:bsmilie: maybe thats how he trains :) Who know's he might get gold for this kind of training :bigeyes: . But i just hope to get a pass can liao :D

eikin said:
wat abt standing broad jump? paiseh, my weak point, heheh :sweat:

For SBJ just aim far, swing ur arms to asist ur jump. Lastly tuck in ur leg before u land. I mean really tuck it in towards ur chest.

cast123 said:
For SBJ just aim far, swing ur arms to asist ur jump. Lastly tuck in ur leg before u land. I mean really tuck it in towards ur chest.

yah...guess that should work...jumping my weak point largely because of my flat feet (which means go photo shooting = come home with aching legs :sweat: ) jumping shocks my knees more than those with normal arches, so improvement comes in teeny weeny mm (not even cm! :bsmilie: )maybe i should just practise more :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.