Going for my first ICT

Status
Not open for further replies.

frcfyp

Feb 12, 2004
Hi everyone. I will be going for my first ICT on monday (10 Jan). Quite nervous as I dunno what to expect. Have to reach T**j*** G** camp at 7am in the morning, but I stay in Sengkang. Does anyone want to share a cab from sengkang to that camp? If so, please pm me with your contact number, thanks.

Also, does anyone know whether it is a stay-in camp? I have been informed in letter that it is, but not sure whether to believe that info fully.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :cool:

frcfyp said:
Hi everyone. I will be going for my first ICT on monday (10 Jan). Quite nervous as I dunno what to expect. Have to reach T**j*** G** camp at 7am in the morning, but I stay in Sengkang. Does anyone want to share a cab from sengkang to that camp? If so, please pm me with your contact number, thanks.

Also, does anyone know whether it is a stay-in camp? I have been informed in letter that it is, but not sure whether to believe that info fully.

Pity u man. thank goodness i don have to be bothered with reservist and recall manning.......

frcfyp said:

From 1 end to the other end, i rather stay in. :bsmilie: Stated 7pm, sure got late comers la. For me, i usually 30min late for ICT. :bsmilie:

jeff49er said:
Pity u man. thank goodness i don have to be bothered with reservist and recall manning.......
You 302? :bsmilie:

frcfyp said:

T**j*** G** camp! That God forsaken place! I had my first 6 in-camps there. Make you want to stay in camp during nights off time. It's just too far out!

Good luck in your first ICT. :)

Don't worry on being late.. it's a priviledge for pink IC holders... ;p

Hi there,

Enjoy your in-camp... Although I stayed in Sengkang, but I don't go to that camp for ICT, and my reservist is end Feb...

If you don't know whether is stay in camp or not, for first time, best to bring your barang barang... if not the RSM ask you to go home and take then die lah....

Anyway, take it as a break from the working life.... you will feel better.

Hope you have fun!!! and take care.

Cheers.

frcfyp said:

good luck for your 1st ICT. believe what you read, especially orders. you will be briefed after in-processing the details of your ICT and how much of it is "stay in" along with all the other admin details. oh, and do have a decent haircut when you report for your ICT. hope this helps.

wah, so fast got so many replies. still waiting for a pm to share cab though ;)

thank you very much, everybody. i'll bring all my stuff and make myself comfortable there :devil: . as for haircut, i think i should pass, thanks.

Have fun during your ICT

0700hrs reporting time means that it starts at 0700hrs and finish at 0930hrs, to be safe as this is your 1st ICT arrive at around 0730-0800 hrs. Get a decent haircut b4 you go or the RSM will get the barber there to cut your hair on the spot and you will still have to pay him for a bad haircut. Normally you will not have anything to do on the first day. Report in full No.4 and bring along your issues items (full pack, SBO, blah blah) if you were not issued with the items don't worry about it, they have credited into your account some money which you can go and buy stuff from the e-mart. (Buy the black socks, they are quite good). Cheers and make friends there.

it should be a different mindset when you go for your reservist, you are not treated like a recuit anymore, enjoy your reservist, i know i love my sojoun.

tkp77 said:
Hi there,

Enjoy your in-camp... Although I stayed in Sengkang, but I don't go to that camp for ICT, and my reservist is end Feb...

If you don't know whether is stay in camp or not, for first time, best to bring your barang barang... if not the RSM ask you to go home and take then die lah....

Anyway, take it as a break from the working life.... you will feel better.

Hope you have fun!!! and take care.

Cheers.

Yeah yeah~! ICT will be fun. No boss, GF, wife or mom to bother you. Can tok cok sing song, drink kopi/beer till ur balls drop and puff ciggie till ur ass start smokin also no one bother you. :bsmilie:

Remember to bring ur toiletries and FBO/little green book/SAF100. Short hair preferred! And no colours on it! Some of my friends go ICT like go picnic. Bring TV, radio, snacks etc...... you get the idea.

my ICT this 17th also,but mine is Lobo unit la,everyone switched off..
everyday gamble from morning till book out..
no book in book out somemore!haha..

Reservist quite fun wan la,like afbug says,eat + sleep + kopi + smoke + talk **** = ICT
can't say much about those chiong suah vocation though,i'm only a ly-ver..

kex said:
my ICT this 17th also,but mine is Lobo unit la,everyone switched off..
everyday gamble from morning till book out..
no book in book out somemore!haha..

Reservist quite fun wan la,like afbug says,eat + sleep + kopi + smoke + talk **** = ICT
can't say much about those chiong suah vocation though,i'm only a ly-ver..

sometimes i wish i was a full time reservist, book out at 3pm.

Please Don't Fight.

That's my reservist unit....very nice "family"..... :bsmilie:

Before you envy me, I used to go to Tanjong Gul Camp for many ICTs.....basically, the nearest entertainment place you can go is Jurong Point.

Unless you drive, stay-in is good.

The travelling is more siong than the in-camp...... :bigeyes:

Good luck to your first ICT.... Tanjung Gul some more!! Done ICTs there myself, and I have to say my biggest complaint is its godforsaken location, especially bad for someone like you staying in SENGKANG.

Word of advice - just make sure you have all of your barang-barang and just STAY IN! A cab ride from there to your estate would probably set you back 20 bucks! Even if you do decide to book out in the evening, you have to call for a cab.... dont even think of flagging one down by the roadside! kekekeke

Most impt thing to note for IN-PRO is to have a decent hair cut, and no dyed hair... not worth wasting your time joining the long queue for the barber. And this being your first ICT, RSM and all other camp ENCIKs will be out in force, enforcing strict codes of discipline...so, better to be in smart 4 and not long 4, and kiwi your damn boots.

First ICT usually full of admin stuff, so unless u r personally involved, ur time in camp shd be quite alright.

Lastly, shd ur next ICT be held in the same camp, try to be married by then and have ur own means of transport to take u there.... ha ha ha....

My 1st ICT??? I suppose to report at 0730hrs. I overslept until 0745hrs, kalangkabot dig out mouldy boots+others somewhere in the alibaba bag (was there for atleast 5yrs). Wash myself, took taxi reach there about 0900hrs.... Noone around, dunno what to do blur like sotong... walk around in parade square, saw this fat SGT. I approached to ask him, he said "Oh, so you are the one. BTW, I'm yr PLT SGT, go 3rd floor, find a bed and sleep".

I slept, bath, canteen then bookout for the last 7 days and then 2 nite 1 day field camp and I totally look forward for my ICT every year. I'll already finished my ICT cycle and standing down this year. So sad... :(

ICT shiok man! TG Camp is Infantry Training Ctr lah - think now changed name already. Enjoy urself, make new friends - maybe all the guys are from the same mono. Remember to bring all your barang barang, get a haircut and make sure your hair is black :bsmilie:

whoelse said:
My 1st ICT??? I suppose to report at 0730hrs. I overslept until 0745hrs, kalangkabot dig out mouldy boots+others somewhere in the alibaba bag (was there for atleast 5yrs). Wash myself, took taxi reach there about 0900hrs.... Noone around, dunno what to do blur like sotong... walk around in parade square, saw this fat SGT. I approached to ask him, he said "Oh, so you are the one. BTW, I'm yr PLT SGT, go 3rd floor, find a bed and sleep".

I slept, bath, canteen then bookout for the last 7 days and then 2 nite 1 day field camp and I totally look forward for my ICT every year. I'll already finished my ICT cycle and standing down this year. So sad... :(

wah...this kind of ICT i like.

my 1st ICT. in-pro 0730hrs. draw arms and move out for EX at 0930hrs. now my unit converted from active to NS unit, just when i am about to finish my cycle.

Wow...some of you guys are really lucky....for your ICTs i mean....I am in Infantry.....nothing but field camp exercises...going for my 3rd this Mar.....will have a 6 days 5 nites field camp..... :sweat:

wonder if there is a way to transfer unit..... :)

1st time i went for IPPT during reservist,i saw the letter 7.30am-9.30am.

i tot i can go between that time slot.hahaha!
reach camp at 9.20am,cannot find anybody liao,went up to the office and ask around.finally saw my unit sgt(reservist) he just look at me and say go take mc..
hehe..
dun mind being a full time reservist in my unit too!

Status
Not open for further replies.