Going for my first ICT, what to bring?


Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Senior Member
Jun 15, 2002
2,642
0
0
35
SG
www.danielbeh.com
#1
OK I've done my homework, and search ns.sg for 'myunit' and try to look for somewhere that shows what to bring in my fieldpack, and other barang barangs. But I just couldn't find it!

My field pack is really cannot make it, I need to stock things up, but I just don't have the shopping list.

Can anyone direct me to any links? Thanks..

(Btw my ICT is next monday 31st July! very last minute yes, because too busy with work :()
 

grumpy

New Member
Jun 9, 2006
1,947
0
0
#2
i went thru the same thing when i was going for my first ICT. Active time was a perm staff in a school, i didn't know what the hell was require in the full pack etc

best thing to do is to call yr unit and ask them
 

k3nn3th03

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2005
2,544
0
0
#3
i think it depend on which unit u in..

packed one time nice nice and can last u for 10 yrs..
 

Aug 16, 2005
83
0
0
#4
Depending on what unit and what is your appointment. From experience

My unit, first day ICT, just come in no 4 cos we will book out the night itself to go get whatever is needed. hence we spot all the newbies by their blur looks and full battle order.
 

esmondng

New Member
Oct 29, 2005
305
0
0
38
http://esmondng.com
esmondng.com
#5
i going in october first time also....full pack they chk one meh? i tot is action onli? omg i thinking of brining laptop to access CS somemore!got wireless anot? waahahahaha.
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
#6
esmondng said:
i going in october first time also....full pack they chk one meh? i tot is action onli? omg i thinking of brining laptop to access CS somemore!got wireless anot? waahahahaha.
"action only" then you go into field with what? :think: unless you storeman can nua in the store then different story lor.. Suay guys like me got to slog it out in the field :D
 

blazer_workz

Senior Member
May 8, 2006
3,118
0
0
ClubSNAP Community
#7
Just bring the basic stuff..
sop:
full pack
sbo
helmet
pt shoe(for ippt)
no. 4 (wear 1 set, bring 1 set)
pt kit
vest
boots(will be wearing)
slippers
toiletries(of course undies oso, unless u dun wear)
11B
id tag(if got range, dun think 1st in camp got)

misc:
earpiece(if phone got radio)
poker cards(should have time to play)
magazines/storybook(something to do if u r not big sleeper)
buy more cigarettes(if smoker)

dun worry, just 1st in-camp..usually have more time to sleep then training..haha
that's abt it..anything not enuff can get from e-mart.

hmmm, i think i sound a bit like auntie le..

as for the swee swee full pack..u need it oni if there's mobilization..
 

Adiemus

New Member
May 21, 2004
1,673
1
0
45
Small island....
#8
Just bring what they tell you in the above posts...

Whatever don't have, you can get from the e-mart in the camp. Don't worry.

One important thing..... Bring a small padlock. You'll need it.:thumbsup:
 

Aug 16, 2005
83
0
0
#9
Bring money for canteen break
Bring phone without camera, some camps RP super siao on, will do body search if you say you didnt bring handphone. HP with Camera becomes property of SAF
Mossie Repellant
 

k3nn3th03

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2005
2,544
0
0
#10
Adiemus said:
Just bring what they tell you in the above posts...

Whatever don't have, you can get from the e-mart in the camp. Don't worry.

One important thing..... Bring a small padlock. You'll need it.:thumbsup:


:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

ortega

Moderator
Staff member
Nov 2, 2004
23,694
10
38
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
#11
just bring your own stuff or what ever you already have

everything else can buy from emart using credit or cash
even the padlock

1st day normally is shopping day.
 

Terence

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2003
4,751
0
0
I'm a Llama!
#12
Go to www.ns.sg ->MyUnit... should have a full pack list and layout there or if you want let me have your email and I send you the file. My email link below
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,339
0
0
Earth
louisleow.blogspot.com
#13
blazer_workz said:
Just bring the basic stuff..
sop:
full pack
sbo
helmet
pt shoe(for ippt)
no. 4 (wear 1 set, bring 1 set)
pt kit
vest
boots(will be wearing)
slippers
toiletries(of course undies oso, unless u dun wear)
11B
id tag(if got range, dun think 1st in camp got)

misc:
earpiece(if phone got radio)
poker cards(should have time to play)
magazines/storybook(something to do if u r not big sleeper)
buy more cigarettes(if smoker)

dun worry, just 1st in-camp..usually have more time to sleep then training..haha
that's abt it..anything not enuff can get from e-mart.

hmmm, i think i sound a bit like auntie le..

as for the swee swee full pack..u need it oni if there's mobilization..
eh bro,why sounds so familiar hah?
Like the guy who sleep next to me in my ICT.;p
 

Jul 20, 2006
4
0
0
#15
7 most important things for ICT:
1. Handphone charger
2. A lock for your locker
3. Kiwi-brush (Boots)
4. Get your hair cut and no coloured hair (There is a standby barber (althought it's cheap), but it's better to have your haircut outside)
5. Snake-powder
6. Panadol (Not more than 8 tablets)
7. ICT letter (To verify by the Guard b4 you enter the camp)
 

JL1500k

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
301
0
0
#16
behyx said:
OK I've done my homework, and search ns.sg for 'myunit' and try to look for somewhere that shows what to bring in my fieldpack, and other barang barangs. But I just couldn't find it!

My field pack is really cannot make it, I need to stock things up, but I just don't have the shopping list.

Can anyone direct me to any links? Thanks..

(Btw my ICT is next monday 31st July! very last minute yes, because too busy with work :()
Just wear the no.4 uniform and bring your 11B and Reservist booklet will do.

When you are there for first day then you will know what to bring on second day. Don't tell me the first day cannot book out ok.

Remember to bring a lock to book one locker cabinet for yourself.
 

#17
centuryegg said:
Bring money for canteen break
Bring phone without camera, some camps RP super siao on, will do body search if you say you didnt bring handphone. HP with Camera becomes property of SAF
Mossie Repellant
really meh? my senior is currently in NS with a nokia N80...
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
#18
It all varies unit to unit. Some are more slack some stricter. Generally GOM says "No camera phone or PDA with cameras"

Even for the "slacker" units when MSD or provost comes for a surprise check, he'll be wishing he never tried to be funny.
 

blazer_workz

Senior Member
May 8, 2006
3,118
0
0
ClubSNAP Community
#19
Points to note:
1.)For phone-bring 2, 1 wif camera 1 w/o camera, if they check let them check the one w/o camera
2.)document to show guard? no more saf100..u think the guard want to check on whole battalion for document ah..they got ur namelist on hand le..
3.)Kiwi brush?dun remember got kiwi my boots ever since bmt finish..
4.)haircut? optional; can cut in camp..10bucks for cut, 15bucks for blackening..better cut outside, they dun have david gan in camp..
5.)snake powder? u mean phosporous poweder? cannot find snake in singapore lehz..joking lahz..if u need it, bring it..cool cool one!
6.)somebody mention abt reservist booklet??using eNS booklet liao..
7.)panadol??bring for wat? go report sick man, MTL..
8.)HP charger? yes, but if got out field, spare batt better..if can, bring multi plug oso..u think they have power point for everyone in the bunk ah??

Relax in camp is like a vacation..imagine u get away from the stress from work..get to meetup wif some good old pals..NSmen 大噻!

but it gets tougher during 6, 7, or 8th ICTs..grow old liao mahz..haha..
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom