Going for Gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon33

Aug 18, 2002
go north!
www.imagestation.com
going for gold..what we hope for every year..but getting more difficult as time passes...

fc899372.jpg

comments appreciated :)

would prefer to have both the star and figure to be in focus, cos they are relatived based on the title.

anyway, good framing. ;)

Wah!! U shot the IPPT thing!! Interesting macro.... heehee.. :D
Neber got to wear one during my time.... cos neber got gold before :( .... but mostly... the IPPT badge system wasnt implemented during my time. :bsmilie:

my idea was that things are hard to attain because you can't see them clearly

the star's oof cos its hard to attain

anyway was a bit hard to get real DoF cos i was using a 50mm lens reversed mounted on a 100mm lens...

first try using a technique i saw in a photo mag

:)

Originally posted by jon33
my idea was that things are hard to attain because you can't see them clearly

the star's oof cos its hard to attain

anyway was a bit hard to get real DoF cos i was using a 50mm lens reversed mounted on a 100mm lens...

first try using a technique i saw in a photo mag

:eek: interesting... care to share more on this technique?

had a discussion here

basically, i mounted the 100mm lens on the body, and reverse attached the 50mm on the fron of the 100mm lens ie front-to-front. the 50mm lens acts as a very high quality magnifier. drawback is that some lens combionations gives heavy vignetting, and working distances which are too small.

oh, magnification factor if the focal length of the lens on the body divided bvy the focal length of the reversed lens

Nice idea about inverting your lens and using it as macro, but then how do u attach the lenses together? screwing?

cheers

Originally posted by SniperD
:eek: ;p :devil: :D

sniperD...aiyah always thinking of this kind of thing..miss tokina and mr canon right?? :devil:

anyway anavrin lookhere for the discussion on how to get 2 lenses screwed...to each other

hahahaha...
Hey thanks jon33, looks like theres no really a proper attachment other than to improvise lah..

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.