going digital


Status
Not open for further replies.

Juvelyn

New Member
Jun 8, 2002
344
0
0
Visit site
#1
Hi

My friend brought her Nikon Coolpix 2500
when we went fpr this year's NDP

suddenly feel quite interested in digicams
[particularly cos' Coolpix 2500 allows you
to take photos of you & your friends without
having to trouble passer-bys --> the lens can
be turned inwards to face you, so u can take the pic
yourself]

however, the Nikon website says the battery
can last for 80 minutes

erhm ... 80 minutes is a rather short time

do all digicam batteries have such short life-span?
 

azone

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
1,454
0
0
40
azone.clubsnap.org
#2
80 mins is rather short. And not all digicams have short batt life. A few brands like Olympus and FujiFilm that uses AA rechargeables can last quite a few hours of continuous use, yielding more than a hundred over shots, including constant previewing and deleting of pics using LCD.
 

maddog

New Member
Feb 13, 2002
1,277
0
0
Alexandra
maddog.clubsnap.org
#3
I always carry 4sets(4x4) of batteries with me.. 80 minutes is quite long. If u turn off after every shot, 80minutes can stretch to a few hours. Turn on power saving to auto-turn off every minute. That will save u even more. Get one-hour chargers like rayovac so that charging won't be a pain. And lastly, DON'T use alkaline. They don't work with high drain devices and last 5-10mins.
 

azone

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
1,454
0
0
40
azone.clubsnap.org
#4
Originally posted by maddog
I always carry 4sets(4x4) of batteries with me.. 80 minutes is quite long. If u turn off after every shot, 80minutes can stretch to a few hours. Turn on power saving to auto-turn off every minute. That will save u even more. Get one-hour chargers like rayovac so that charging won't be a pain. And lastly, DON'T use alkaline. They don't work with high drain devices and last 5-10mins.
No lah, Nikon uses its own EN-EL2 Lithium-Ion batt, not AA ones. Its not cheap to get another one as spare.
 

Juvelyn

New Member
Jun 8, 2002
344
0
0
Visit site
#5
Its not cheap to get another one as spare.
Ooh okay.
Nikon having promo now, if you buy the Coolpix 2500 it comes with an additional battery free. :)

I was wondering if it was really such a great free gift ...
 

M

Midnight

Guest
#6
Originally posted by Juvelyn
however, the Nikon website says the battery
can last for 80 minutes
A friend of mine owns a Nikon CP2500. It seems that the camera battery can last for much longer than that; so far, he has had no problems taking it out for shoots over periods of several hours. Perhaps the 80 minutes rating is only for continuous usage, i.e. if you're snapping photos all the way for 80 minutes straight, but in actual practice you will tend to pause for a few minutes here and there so that wll help to stretch out the battery life. If I recall correct, the DPReview review for this camera rated its battery life as being good for around 2.5 hrs of typical usage. Moreover, the Li+ composition of the battery should yield generally better performance than the NiMH cells used by most other digicams.
 

Bluestrike

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
4,784
0
0
41
There lor~
bluestrike.clubsnap.org
#7
Originally posted by Juvelyn


Ooh okay.
Nikon having promo now, if you buy the Coolpix 2500 it comes with an additional battery free. :)

I was wondering if it was really such a great free gift ...
yeah it quite a good gift...
but if can throw in another 64MB or 128MB...............
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom