Going China in Dec 09 need VISA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Hi, just occurred to me.....going Beijing or china now require to apply for Visa? Has the req been removed? Appreciate your advice as I forgot abt it.

No Visa required for short stays.....
Wife just called up the China Embassy for the same thing.

When are you going to Beijing....I'm supposed to leave next Sat if my neck is not giving me problems.

Going to WuKeSong ?

For SINGAPORE Passports

LESS than 14 days no need........... MORE than 14 days , yes need to apply for visa

i you need to get a visa best to get a travel agent to do it for you...... just pay the $20-30 service fee plus visa fee and save yourself of going there early in the morning and queing at the embassy zoo

Last edited:
See here for Singaporean and here for Malaysian. For Malaysian staying in Singapore you can apply the visa at the China Embassy in Singapore.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys! the thought of the VISA just came today, and leaving on the 8th Dec! So better check.

Also did some further checks and found this:

"""
Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the Republic of Singapore

Ambassador: Mr. Zhang Xiaokang
Address: 150 Tanglin Road, Singapore 247969
Email: chinaemb_sg@mfa.gov.cn

Importance Notice for Visa-Free Access to China
From September 19, 2008, Singaporean citizens holding ordinary passport restart enjoy the visa-free access to Mainland of China if they enter China for business, sightseeing, visiting friends or relatives, transit and they stay there for not more than 15 days.

Consular Office
Tel: +65-64712117 (Manned Service between 09:00-12:00, 14:30-16:30, in working days)
+65-64793250, 64795910, 64792353 (Answering Service)
Fax: +65-64795345
Office Hours for Application: 09:00-11:30, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
Office Hours for Pick Up: 09:00-12:00, 15:00-16:00, Monday-Friday (except holidays)

"""""

Hi raychan, dunno where is the place you mentioned....its free and easy for me and family....anyway...heard from friends its VERY cold....so we are getting more clothing there.

Oh, my flight leaves on 7 Dec actually.

WuKeSong is the location of the Camera City in Beijing.

Wanted to take some photos like these www.kinabaloo.com, but guess with the weather as it is now, I'm happy if the sky is clear.

I'm on free and easy too....

For SINGAPORE Passports

LESS than 14 days no need........... MORE than 14 days , yes need to apply for visa

i you need to get a visa best to get a travel agent to do it for you...... just pay the $20-30 service fee plus visa fee and save yourself of going there early in the morning and queing at the embassy zoo

yeh i agree, pay an agent to go get it. I used to think that i could save $20 on the agent fee, but the hassle of going to the embassy twice(apply and collect),take taxi 4times also more than $20,if you drive there's no car park at embassy

money aside, it's the queue that is terrible, queue once to get the form and another queue to hand in application. furthermore can only apply on weekday mornings, to to take leave or make special arrangements:sweat:

Oh, my flight leaves on 7 Dec actually.

WuKeSong is the location of the Camera City in Beijing.

Wanted to take some photos like these www.kinabaloo.com, but guess with the weather as it is now, I'm happy if the sky is clear.

I'm on free and easy too....

I just came back from Beijing recently and can say for sure that you will not be able to get pictures like these... most of the trees are bald and those that are not have withered brown leaves... maybe except for some pine-like ones. Just be hopeful the weather is clear with no fog which i encountered on a few days.... anyway, the sunset is pretty early. i reckon it will be dark around 5.30pm. Night time tend to be foggy and cold while i was there. As for WuKeSong, it takes about 20-30min if you plan on walking there from the metro station. Just walk along the main road until you reach a very large river/canal and you will see it. Can take a bus if you dun feel like walking.. about 2 bus stops away i think. Hopes this helps :)

I will be there 9th to 12th for work. but work is rather light..

Been to BeiJing for work a few times, funny thing is I never go to WuKesong Before.

What are the prices of lenses like there? Same as HK?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.