Going Austria Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisiang

Oct 3, 2004
Ho Chi Minh City
www.swog.sg
Leaving Singapore again :lovegrin:

This time going Austria. Driving holiday. Any1 got any "must-go" shooting location to recommend?

I'm gonna leave my flash at home, think not gonna be useful. Cut down some weight.

Here's my packing list, please help to see if I've left anything out:

1) D70
2) AF-S 17-35
3) AF-S 70-200
4) 50mm f/1.8
5) tripod + ballhead
6) blower
7) Spare batt
8) Cir-PL
9) 2 x 1 GB CF, 2 x 512 MB CF
10) Coolwalker
11) Mini Trekker
12) lense cloth
13) charger
14) grey card

:think:

espn said:
15) espn
16)
17)
18)

:bsmilie: That's a good one

Hm..must go places.... Do you get to go to Swiss as well? If yes then the whole mountain range is definitely worth shooting. There is this camping site that is flanked by a waterfall and a river..... Interlaken or Lauterbrunen if I'm not mistaken.
In Austria, Vienna or Wien(in local spelling.. again, if I'm not mistaken :sweat: ) is a nice small capital. It's full of pretty parks with statues of famous composer like Mozart and Strauss. Vienna also have 2 Identical great building that now serve as museum. It also has the palace of the old austrian empire across the museums. And like any other city in Europe... beautiful churches..........

Other town would be Salzburg.. it's the place where they shoot "Sounds of Music". It still has the garden and the monastery. It also has a castle high up on a cliff where you could get on top by using a fenicular (some sort of cable car)......

I shall cut off my ramblings... I hope my memory's not playing trick on me :sweat:

Enjoy your trip :thumbsup:

Skylight filter? Helps to tone down the extreme blue you're likely to encounter in the scenery shots.

Enjoy your trip and don't drive tired.

Cheers

thanks for the recommendation. Me now panic liao... my friend just back from there called. Said road all piled up with snow very slippery :sweat:

Pray for me guys :(

Bring a suit for the gentleman and a dress for the ladies. Try and go for a orchestra performance in Vienna. :) Tickets usually for sale at the tourist counter.

The streets are fairly safe and just try to enjoy yourself!

Moved thread to a more relevant location.

Ian
Nikon Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.