goin to tekong > june 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokka

Aug 17, 2002
terencesim.com
hi ppl..im going tekong bmtc sch 1 on june the 9th. can just roughly..agar agar write down a list of things? need not be thorough..just wanna know roughly wat to bring..

any tips for ptp/bmt is greatly welcome!
:D

go train yourself up starting from toml!
underwear, shaver, toiletries most important.
Originally posted by Pokka
hi ppl..im going tekong bmtc sch 1 on june the 9th. can just roughly..agar agar write down a list of things? need not be thorough..just wanna know roughly wat to bring..

any tips for ptp/bmt is greatly welcome!
:D
;)

heh, got train. now every few days go work out with frens lor.

eh, i heard the army is giving away 2 shavers..1 for usage 1 for stand by bed. anyone can confirm this? so i no need bring shaver hor.

toiletries...ya...will be bringing in shampoo, shower cream..then the washing powder to wash clothes...

kiwi/kiwi cloth this kind no need bring extra for stand by bed right?

train everyday the best...else maybe cannot tahan the frequency there.

actually, after your 1st month there, you'll know what to bring extra...and every instructor there will have different standards one..last time me almost all stuffs got extra..in case dirty can change ma..
and ya, there got shop...so still okie
heh, got train. now every few days go work out with frens lor.

eh, i heard the army is giving away 2 shavers..1 for usage 1 for stand by bed. anyone can confirm this? so i no need bring shaver hor.

toiletries...ya...will be bringing in shampoo, shower cream..then the washing powder to wash clothes...

kiwi/kiwi cloth this kind no need bring extra for stand by bed right?

never ever use ur money to buy stuffs that u can prolly get there.
worst way to spend $ is on ns.

maybe can take some from friends or relatives also?
Originally posted by Mystix
never ever use ur money to buy stuffs that u can prolly get there.
worst way to spend $ if on ns.

ya...shld be getting extra tshirt and shorts from my frens..then prolly go buy 1 or 2 sets more?

how many u all think is enough?

how many meaning how many sets?
including socks

1 set for fullpack, 2 sets for wearing. that's the minimum.

and socks, there are 2 types too, the white one and the green one
ya...shld be getting extra tshirt and shorts from my frens..then prolly go buy 1 or 2 sets more?

how many u all think is enough?

how many meaning how many sets?
including socks

i heard the army is giving away 2 shavers..1 for usage 1 for stand by bed

Only 1 is given for use and stand by bed, by the way the one for standby can ... be used! The other depends on batch is a Gilette Mach 3 shaver, sometimes CQ can forget to indent. The latter shaver may come much later in BMT.

Please no camera unless you want it confiscated. Rules says no camera.

No more than 10 tablets of Panadol allowed.

You only need 1 extra set of PT tee, singlet and shorts. Unless you don't intent to do any washing.

Most important thing that is usually lost are gutters to fold in the bottom end of the camo trousers. Get 2 pairs from beach road or buy with your credit (given when you enter).

If you are a smoker, stock up your cigarattes, but you will seldom get the chance to smoke.

liquid kiwi for last minute touck up if you have no time to shine your boots. Please 1 or 2 pieces of rag for area cleaning, fans are always dirty ...

photostated copies of qualifications (2 sets).

bring deep heat ... 1 to 2 tubes ... tiger balm is the best!!!

1 trash bag, 1 maglite if you can afford it ... batteries for your handphone ... no charging in there.

Don't have to bring your own iron as it is provided.

Bring girlfriend photo too so that you dun get to homesick.

Day 1 and 2 is very hectic ... your commanders will sleep much later than you.

Bring also a good alarm clock.

Bring a few pens and pencil ... maybe your whole pencil box with black permanent markers too. 1 free pen on day 1 but somehow on day 2, 70% of recruits will lose their pen because it falls out of their shorts easily.

Bring your own clothes peg (1 box of wooden pegs, so you can write your name) and hangers ... not provided. Bring 5 sets.

Bring your own tower as SAF towel does a better job as a rain coat.

Write your name on anything and everything, underwear included unless it is a Armani ...

whah ... long list ... there is probably some other thing ... but that's all for now!

Life is great in there, don't worry. You get to eat salmon and spring chicken or are they serving sashimi now?? ;p
Enjoy your king koil bed too.

I went in there for a visit..

It looked like a resort in there, with the soft sea breeze, the sunny yellow buildings, the tennis court, the basketball court and the swimming pool with the smoothest surface in the world...
They were playing music from the cook house..
Some of the officers are cute.... :embrass:

Then also got the nice sandbar at the pier. I thought it was pretty..

But when I returned home, my brother told me it was all a show.
It's like hell in there for him.

Sorry.... Did I burst your bubble?
;p

Originally posted by Poledra

I went in there for a visit..

It looked like a resort in there, with the soft sea breeze, the sunny yellow buildings, the tennis court, the basketball court and the swimming pool with the smoothest surface in the world...
They were playing music from the cook house..
Some of the officers are cute.... :embrass:

Then also got the nice sandbar at the pier. I thought it was pretty..

But when I returned home, my brother told me it was all a show.

Sorry.... Did I burst your bubble?
;p

Cruel... :devil: :p :D

Believe me it is no hell ... it is paradise ... those who join before 1999 can testify ... on the other hand I feel that they put up a show to make it look tough but it is actually alot easier than most people think ...

BMT is still okie for those with average and above fitness....but more lies ahead after BMT, in other courses and units...
Originally posted by eug
Believe me it is no hell ... it is paradise ... those who join before 1999 can testify ... on the other hand I feel that they put up a show to make it look tough but it is actually alot easier then most people think ...

hahaha.. the OBESE batch have it THE BEST

haha..

no need pass IPPT, no need pass SOC, just need to lose weight requirement, SGT also damn slack, do aerobics for exercise. where got fitness like PES A personnel to run up hill all the time... stand arnd lift and kick legs can liao lar.

hahaha

BMT is still okie for those with average and above fitness....but more lies ahead after BMT, in other courses and units...

I agree, that's why BMT is nothing compared with what's after.

Originally posted by eug
Pes E even better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aiyah. forgot.

:D pes e have the best... somemore all end up mindef one.

too much!! :cry:

(i obese batch but because of my two stupid eyes...got perfect eyesight, become tank gunner... *$#&*^$** somemore become lead gunner of battalion. ^*$#&*$)

ahha
where were you from?
Originally posted by eug
I agree, that's why BMT is nothing compared with what's after.

ahah
which unit?
Originally posted by GreenEggs_n_Ham
aiyah. forgot.

:D pes e have the best... somemore all end up mindef one.

too much!! :cry:

(i obese batch but because of my two stupid eyes...got perfect eyesight, become tank gunner... *$#&*^$** somemore become lead gunner of battalion. ^*$#&*$)

Status
Not open for further replies.