godzilla vs shelby super snake(dont click if not interested in cars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, only 350,000 pounds for the toyota with stickers. :)

Does look cool though.

LOL. The Lexus LFA is not for sale. The prospective owners can only lease it, so to say. And it's 350k pounds for a reason. The body of the car is made of special material. It's like some kind of special carbon fiber. Very lightweight. And that car is gonna be very exclusive too. But I know some people will say, "at the end of the day, it's still a toyota" :bsmilie:

With that money, I'd take one Nissan GTR, one BMW M3, one Ferrari 458 Italia, and a whole lot of photography equipment :bsmilie:

No chance methinks. The Shelby will be vomiting pistons and rods after a couple of miles.
Out of the box production yank engines do not take shed loads of abuse as well as Nissan engines without serious reinforcement to the engine in terms of better bearings, pillow housing caps and a lot of work on the pistons and rods etc. Have watched enough Yank V8's self destruct on the track to speak with some authority on this.

I didn't know this. Maybe Ford's engines are not great. Well, the only good American performance car today is the Corvette ZR1 and Z06. Well, perhaps maybe the Cadillac CTS-V, which has the ZR1's engine. I don't know if Corvette's engine is more reliable than Ford's.

LOL. The Lexus LFA is not for sale. The prospective owners can only lease it, so to say. And it's 350k pounds for a reason. The body of the car is made of special material. It's like some kind of special carbon fiber. Very lightweight. And that car is gonna be very exclusive too. But I know some people will say, "at the end of the day, it's still a toyota" :bsmilie:

With that money, I'd take one Nissan GTR, one BMW M3, one Ferrari 458 Italia, and a whole lot of photography equipment :bsmilie:

the LFA IS for sale.

i had already said....3 persons in singapore has already bought it.

:)

for every lfa lexus sells, they lose $.can u believe it?

the LFA IS for sale.

i had already said....3 persons in singapore has already bought it.

for every lfa lexus sells, they lose $.can u believe it?

You're right. I just found out that the not-for-sale-lease-only deal only applies in the US. :sweat:

And yes, I've read that somewhere that even at 350k quid, Lexus still doesn't make a profit off this car.

Bro, Singaporeans are damn crazy. I heard 3 of the 15 Lamborghini Reventon roadster produced worldwide are sold in Singapore :bigeyes: Can you imagine? 1.1 million euro leh! :bigeyes:

You're right. I just found out that the not-for-sale-lease-only deal only applies in the US. :sweat:

And yes, I've read that somewhere that even at 350k quid, Lexus still doesn't make a profit off this car.

Bro, Singaporeans are damn crazy. I heard 3 of the 15 Lamborghini Reventon roadster produced worldwide are sold in Singapore :bigeyes: Can you imagine? 1.1 million euro leh! :bigeyes:

i'm SIS, not bro.

lambo reventon?
comon,
if we have ZONDA F here, what's reventon?
chey....:)

other than veyron, i think sgp has all the exotics around.

i'm SIS, not bro.

lambo reventon?
comon,
if we have ZONDA F here, what's reventon?
chey....:)

other than veyron, i think sgp has all the exotics around.

Oops sorry, sis ;p

There are 25 Pagani Zonda F coupes and 25 Zonda F roadsters in the world, according to Wikipedia. There are 15 Lambo Reventon. That makes the Reventon more exclusive :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Wait, there's no veyron in Singapore?

Oops sorry, sis ;p

There are 25 Pagani Zonda F coupes and 25 Zonda F roadsters in the world, according to Wikipedia. There are 15 Lambo Reventon. That makes the Reventon more exclusive :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Wait, there's no veyron in Singapore?

no veyron.

1 came in, but i heard fail LTA homologation.and was shipped out soon after.

no veyron.

1 came in, but i heard fail LTA homologation.and was shipped out soon after.

The prospective buyer must have been pissed and bought the Zonda F instead :bsmilie:

btw, reventon roadster world wide 20 units.
not 15.

driving a veron in sg is like way overkill.

before you hit 2nd or 3rd gear, you'll be looking at a traffic light if not red and blue lights in your rear view mirror.

and would probably be vising shell every other day !!!

should write in to top gear, ask them bring the veyron down to sg and find out how fast much it go to beat our ERP gantry !! =)

then we know what kinda speed we should drive past the erp during peak hours next time =)

u know these ppl buy car is not to speed in sgp.. they know these problems but it really doesn't matter.

i have a couple of friends driving lambo and they know what you are saying...but is it an overkill to them? is the joy to own them and to be driving it on a weekend to relax.....

driving a veron in sg is like way overkill.

before you hit 2nd or 3rd gear, you'll be looking at a traffic light if not red and blue lights in your rear view mirror.

and would probably be vising shell every other day !!!

should write in to top gear, ask them bring the veyron down to sg and find out how fast much it go to beat our ERP gantry !! =)

then we know what kinda speed we should drive past the erp during peak hours next time =)

If you have money, nothing is overkill. I heard Koenigsegg is gonna be for sale in Singapore soon. It's like someone getting a Leica SLR. It costs about US$250k, and some people still buy it. Or Hasselbladd. Some people buy expensive fast cars not for the speed or performance, but for its exclusivity. Well, some people also love to show off, right? They want other people to know that they're rich. And who can blame them?

u know these ppl buy car is not to speed in sgp.. they know these problems but it really doesn't matter.

i have a couple of friends driving lambo and they know what you are saying...but is it an overkill to them? is the joy to own them and to be driving it on a weekend to relax.....

you spoke my mind.
thanks!

yes, i have to say, having performance cars in singapore for daily commuting is way overkill.
BUT the joy is the ownership, and the occasional traffic light blasts.(IMHO)

and believe me, singapore has MANY roads where you can hit above 150km/h.
it just depends on what time you go rounding, and the risk you are willing to take.
i'm not advocating fast driving and i'm strictly again street racing, and i only go up north for my thrills.

same analogy:

-why a dslr when a pns will do?
-why have expensive dentist that charges arm and leg when you have polyclinics?
-why have mrt when you have buses?
-why there's montblanc pens when you have redleaf ballpoints?
-why have LV/Gucci/Prada when you have pasar malam bags?
-why have f2.8 or larger lenses when a f5.6 ones can take nice pics too?

why why why?
tell me why?

seriously, if you ever have the chance to get the keys to your OWN 1st performance ride, you get in, you start the engine, it's like your first love....you will never forget it.

:bsmilie:

Last edited:
ok la jeanie...your point taken..everybody have their soft spots...some on camera..some on cars...some on watches..other nothing cause no $$$..

as long things purchase are not by stealing robbing or cheating...why bother overkill or not? is their money and their choice....

i'm not trying to make any points.

i'm just saying how i feel about different people, different strokes.

i love my cars very much, and it diss me off sometimes when people ask me "isnt performance cars in singapore overkill?we have a traffic light at every 50m..."
especially some of my relatives who dunno S**T and i have to face them during CNY.
:rolleyes:

i'm not trying to make any points.

i'm just saying how i feel about different people, different strokes.

i love my cars very much, and it diss me off sometimes when people ask me "isnt performance cars in singapore overkill?we have a traffic light at every 50m..."
especially some of my relatives who dunno S**T and i have to face them during CNY.
:rolleyes:

Wasn't there an article in Saturday's paper about how to answer the common questions during cny?

seriously, if you ever have the chance to get the keys to your OWN 1st performance ride, you get in, you start the engine, it's like your first love....you will never forget it.
:bsmilie:

Been there and did that in the early 80s with a De Tomaso Pantera which was great fun but not as much fun as a fully worked 1100 Honda m/c.

Grow old and grew sedate. Now all I do occasionally is take my brothers 550hp (rw) 260z for a blat down at the local race track as the anti hoon laws here seriously suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.