GO pro or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor

May 3, 2003
Woody Land
www.razin-photography.com
I refer to the thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=3196756#post3196756

Just wondering how many CSers will offer their photography services for free just to shoot the models in the club.....

perhaps this is one of the reason why I keep re-considering why I should let photography become my bread and butter..

why don't you start a poll?

should not be a problem...yr real competitors is the big boys from the wedding...those shooting half-baked/raw models for free/small token shouldn't be posing any threat to yr ricebowl all newbies requiring more practise, why worry:think:

Bro just my view on tis going Pro n stuff.

Frankly speaking, one shd consider going Pro wen one feel tat he/she has tat special something in his photography tat others do not. I.e it's unique.

If the talent tat one has is so-so and he's worry tat he does not have a market then i suppose one shdnt even consider abt it.

It's just like starting a business, any business at all, u wanna start because u can offer wat others cant. Or u can offer what others can but maybe at much lowest cost. But normally wen drawing customers just by price, well i wud say the pulling power wont last very long as someone else out there will quote a much lower price.

So wat i'm tryin to say, why worry abt e cheap or low charges that people are quoting to get that 1 or 2 jobs cuz if u have tat special talent u will always be in demand. dont worry abt the tonnes of photographers that are coming into the market. just look at Will03 or even Joho .. their work says it all superb and 1 of a kind .. at least to me tat is .. wud thousands of new photographers eat into their market? i guess not .. hey by all means jump into it as at the end of the day the demand will always be there if your work is unique. Of course there will always be those people who wanna have a share of the pie. I believe it's big enuff

Tat's my take on going Pro or not. Sorry, have no intention of starting any war. Peace out.

lolx, every line is so damn challenging nowadays. with lotsa ridiculous pricing, competitors, etc.. If you have something unique to offer, I do not think there's any problem turning professional. But if anyone else can offer the same thing at your price or lower than your price, then it's really up to you whether it's worthwhile to fight with the competition or not. :)

To make any business special, one must have a USP - Unique Selling Point.

Without this, and a whole lot of luck, contacts, etc. etc. don't hope for a hugely successful business. You may survive but you won't hit the big time.

My point of view.

I think that one is more for event shooters. Razor belongs to portraits. They are totally different.

Razor...dun worry...your style is very unique and not easily match by many over here...

I refer to the thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=3196756#post3196756

Just wondering how many CSers will offer their photography services for free just to shoot the models in the club.....

perhaps this is one of the reason why I keep re-considering why I should let photography become my bread and butter..

i think u shud keep it as a sideline.

I think u will reach a point where you will know that your photography can sell.

I know someone whose videography earn more than his day time job and bcos it is eating into his daytime job and he decided to quit his fulltime job and become a videographer. By that time, his base of customers is already there. So starting a business is not a problem for him.

Another friend I knew started a portal few years ago, which is now in stable condition, constant monthly earning and he quitted his day job too to full time manage his portal (and expanding to another portal) which can support his monthly income.

Status
Not open for further replies.