Quality or Convenience?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
Dear Snappers,
I am in a dilemma because of an upcoming event and will like opinions from fellow CSnappers. :)

The situation is like this - my class is holding a Halloween party on the 31st and because I missed last year's and the last time I attended a Halloween party was quite a few years back, I am considering whether I should attend or not. And of course when you go to a Halloween party, you have to dress up.

Of course, I am not gonna forget about bringing my camera along. The thing is, I am quite reluctant to bring a P&S because the quality isn't that outstanding (the flash sux when taking group photos) so I don't mind bringing my D70s. Unfortunately at the same time given such environment conditions, I don't really know whether it will be safe to bring my D70s. Oh, I am not worried about the weight of the camera so yeah, that is not an issue. :dunno:

The kind of photos I will be taking will most likely be portraits and group photos.

Another thing - I am worried about the lighting conditions inside the restaurant. The party will be held at Vi'lage at Heeren (where Marche used to be).

Please gimme all your two cents worth about my dilemma! Your feedback will be kindly appreciated! :lovegrin:

Peace,
{Mich}

Halloween party, get dress up, look nice and enjoy :cool:
Forget the camera! ;)
Let someone shoot instead if any :thumbsup:

If you plan to enjoy yourself then just bring the compact. You are not the official photographer are you? Enjoy yourself. Best still like what dominator said, get someone else to shoot for you.

bring the pns and perhaps take a few random photos or something.. why stress yourself out on a night out with your friends? ;)

depending on your role? if you're there to enjoy, then do your worst! :bsmilie:

if you wanna learn and capture the smiles on ppls faces, bring the cam =)

for me, all of them is right, just forget the camera and enjoy with your friends. told you men, you wont enjoy the nigth if you have camera hanging w/ you.

Bring ur compact and enjoy the night.

If u wanna bringa big camera, u can dressed as a murdered photographer?

U bring your D70 and U'll be labelled as the default photographer for the night.
Of coz, they'll expect u to send them the fotos u took... :)

U bring your D70 and U'll be labelled as the default photographer for the night.
Of coz, they'll expect u to send them the fotos u took... :)
Oh yah! That's another thought worth considering!

Thanks again! :)

just bring a PnS to enjoy,
even you have some not so good photos, but you did enjoy the party. that not so good photos will still able bring back good memories after many years.

you seem to be putting a high weightage on getting good pictures than the party fun itself.

So how about dressing up in a more simple fashion and be the photographer for the event? There should be plenty of good shooting opportunities. Bring fast lens ... ...

Status
Not open for further replies.