Go Fly My Kite

biskandar

May 11, 2010
Singapore
www.about.me
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
The fun feeling of flying own kite .

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Capture the kite and the flyer self .

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Wet after the heavy rain , and quite number of the wind .

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Underexpose .

5128826944_59ca87606b_b_d.jpg

To be honest i feel that this picture is just a random snapshot. There are too many people in there distracting me from placing my focus on you which i assume is the guy in black shirt.

For me what i would do if there are so many people there(as it's a public place so you don't really have a choice), i would fill up my whole frame with just you and the kite.

But still it's just what i think. Just my 0.1cent. Don't take it seriously. I'm still just a newbie too ahahaha.

To be honest i feel that this picture is just a random snapshot. There are too many people in there distracting me from placing my focus on you which i assume is the guy in black shirt.

For me what i would do if there are so many people there(as it's a public place so you don't really have a choice), i would fill up my whole frame with just you and the kite.

But still it's just what i think. Just my 0.1cent. Don't take it seriously. I'm still just a newbie too ahahaha.

Second that...just a snapshot.

My comments:
(1) Too much processing. Try to be more subtle.

(2) Image is too cluttered. Not sure what you are trying to convey.

(3) Image looks pixalated. Is it due to too much processing?

IMO, perhaps a portrait layout is better than landscape.

Ermm.. Maybe it is just me but i think ts wants to capture the only glying kite and the owner as the main subject..if there are many flying kites then it might be messy but only flying kite kinda caught my immediate attention. Maybe you want to exclude MBS and try take behind the indian from a lower angle? So that more attn is on the man and the kite.

maybe u can try b&w? i think the contrast will be ok? So that more attn is on the man and the kite.

I feel that the people in the background are too distracting. :/
keep shooting!

Just my own thoughts.

The people around the man are too distracting. It would be better if the shot was taken behind the man in the black shirt, from a lower angle looking up to the kite.

This would allow the viewer to focus on the man and the kite in the sky. And also taken in portrait, rather than landscape.

Keep posting more pics!

The exposure of the picture is fine. I just went to shoot the same thing as you did yesterday and it was really bad cause it was weekend. I found it difficult to capture a good image because of the huge amount of space present if you include the grass patch. Would suggest that you focus on 1 flyer, preferably one whose kite keeps falling (no offense), so that its easier to shoot since he doesn't move about much when he tries to bring the kite up and also the kite is kinda low which makes it easier to keep the kite in frame. try it in black and white, mine turned out pretty good. Just my opinion, I'm a newbie too :)

personally not a fan of overcast skies. as for the rest of the composition, all mentioned by the rest of the members.

perhaps wait for a clear blue sky for maximum impact? overcast skies tend to kill colors by making them very neutral and it seems dangerous to fly kite in that weather too