Gmail and POP problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

I've been using my Gmail account with no problems and generally accessing it most of the time with POP and sometimes via the Web.

Recently, I noticed that my new mails cannot be downloaded, but the old mails can. Resetting my POP program doens't help - it will download all mails from 2005 but would stop at mails ending June 2006. ANy mails from July are not downloaded.

Anyone facing a similar problem or have advice to share?

which email client you're using ? I've been using Thunderbird, no problems so far.

Both Pop Peeper and Mail Washer have the same problems which are easily repeatable.

Seems to be working fine with Apple Mail.

No prob with thunderbird for me till date. Outlook may be doing some microsoft specific stupidities and non standard stuff like microsoft always do.

kegler said:
i always got problem with my outgoing pop with outlook
sigh

Not sure if this will help but there is a problem or glitch with outlook and it also effect outlook express. If you exceed 2,000 emails or you have a very huge email database that runs to like more then 2 gigabyte...you will have buggy problems with outlook and outlook express. I had this problem on my boss' notebook which can receive but not sent out emails and also when you reset his email server to clear his email..it will not clear it and emails starts to bounce. I think this is because outlook express compresses and decompresses out time you open it so..there is some problem that casue it to be unstable when the email database gets too large. Either you cut down on the email you don't need or backup all your email, keep only the last few months of email or a year's worth and start from there. The problems then goes away. Or if you can't afford to take them all out... well..install Thunderbird and use that for all your emailing needs and use outlook to look back on old emails only.

Status
Not open for further replies.