Glow in the dark Nudi??!!?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Gildow

New Member
Apr 13, 2004
315
0
0
Check this out guys...

anyone seen this before?

no photoshop trick...the rest of the pic is abit unclear...



You can find them here...
 

waisj

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2003
1,933
0
0
OZilla
Visit site
Hi Gildow,

This is a Notodoris serenae

Mainly Characterized by the Huge Appendages on the gills and the yellow rhinophores. It is from the Aegirid family.

The tricks to recognizing Notodorids are the length of the head to it's gills
 

WhyZzzzzz

New Member
Feb 1, 2004
524
0
0
Kembangan
sg.homeunix.com
waisj said:
Hi Gildow,

This is a Notodoris serenae

Mainly Characterized by the Huge Appendages on the gills and the yellow rhinophores. It is from the Aegirid family.

The tricks to recognizing Notodorids are the length of the head to it's gills
you work in nudibranch factory or what?
 

Gildow

New Member
Apr 13, 2004
315
0
0
waisj said:
Hi Gildow,

This is a Notodoris serenae

Mainly Characterized by the Huge Appendages on the gills and the yellow rhinophores. It is from the Aegirid family.

The tricks to recognizing Notodorids are the length of the head to it's gills
Eh, how about the glowing part...is it really glowing? or my eyes playing tricks on me...or the strobe or the camera?? going crazy... :bigeyes:
 

waisj

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2003
1,933
0
0
OZilla
Visit site
WhyZzzzzz said:
you work in nudibranch factory or what?
:D :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ......

How i wish i was a marine biologist......... well the perils of a wronged profession.

It is just a passion of mine. :)
 

waisj

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2003
1,933
0
0
OZilla
Visit site
Gildow said:
Eh, how about the glowing part...is it really glowing? or my eyes playing tricks on me...or the strobe or the camera?? going crazy... :bigeyes:
Well this particular notodoris has yellow rhinophores. I guess it is the way of which you lit the subject with your strobes that gave it a glow. Straight from the top yeah?
:)
 

Gildow

New Member
Apr 13, 2004
315
0
0
waisj said:
Well this particular notodoris has yellow rhinophores. I guess it is the way of which you lit the subject with your strobes that gave it a glow. Straight from the top yeah?
:)
Eh look carefully leh, shadow of the "horn" casting on the glowing thing from the right.... with only one strobe!

 

waisj

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2003
1,933
0
0
OZilla
Visit site
Well a simple trick i used to use with the F90 was to shoot with dual strobes, one positioned at 4 o'clock and another 10 o'clock . Do this with transparent subjects like variant Hypseloris bulockii wich are white in colour and you will see it glow.

One of the critters i shot a Gymnodoris ceylonica , with this technique had a glow and it exposed the innards.

too bad the shots are in OZ
 

waisj

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2003
1,933
0
0
OZilla
Visit site
Gildow said:
Eh look carefully leh, shadow of the "horn" casting on the glowing thing from the right.... with only one strobe!
Heh... sorry.... :embrass:... me still a newbie ;p
 

Gildow

New Member
Apr 13, 2004
315
0
0
waisj said:
Heh... sorry.... :embrass:... me still a newbie ;p
....eh...I am really really trying to find an answer leh...not showing off or anything leh...really really trying to find an explaination...

The nudi even looked glowing with out picture (as in juz looking at it).

this was taken in Tulamben, Bali, Indonesia...

PS: NOT WITH Photosmart/Whyzzzzz/Goondoo's trip!
 

Gildow

New Member
Apr 13, 2004
315
0
0
lovells19 said:
he might have a part in naming those nudi :p
EVIl!!! next time name easier leh.. i cannot rem the names :p

Dun you know....that's how he can come swop in and save the day by naming the nudi mah :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

WhyZzzzzz

New Member
Feb 1, 2004
524
0
0
Kembangan
sg.homeunix.com
Gildow said:
Dun you know....that's how he can come swop in and save the day by naming the nudi mah :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

NudiMan ! as fast as lighting, he answers your call. No nudi can escape from him. He names them all.

When you need to ID a nudi... who you gonna call?? NudiMan!
 

waisj

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2003
1,933
0
0
OZilla
Visit site
Gildow said:
....eh...I am really really trying to find an answer leh...not showing off or anything leh...really really trying to find an explaination...

The nudi even looked glowing with out picture (as in juz looking at it).

this was taken in Tulamben, Bali, Indonesia...

PS: NOT WITH Photosmart/Whyzzzzz/Goondoo's trip!
hmmmmm :dunno: i've not seen glowing rhinophores on nudibranchs... yet....
then again i'm not expert.;p

I've searched through a few book and none of them said anything about noticing the glowing rhinophores.....

Sorry... write to Neville Coleman or Helmut debilius... too bad bill rudman's website has closed down
 

waisj

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2003
1,933
0
0
OZilla
Visit site
lovells19 said:
he might have a part in naming those nudi
EVIl!!! next time name easier leh.. i cannot rem the names
haa haa haa.... rrriiiggghhhttt...... wish i had ;p i would have names the new species, Whatthehelldoris waisj

heh heh :D

WhyZzzzzz said:
NudiMan ! as fast as lighting, he answers your call. No nudi can escape from him. He names them all.

When you need to ID a nudi... who you gonna call?? NudiMan!
Gildow said:
Dun you know....that's how he can come swop in and save the day by naming the nudi mah
haa haa haaa :bsmilie: you guys a hilarious......:sweat: :D
 

Fishboy

New Member
Jul 20, 2004
10
0
0
Here's another view of your nudi :)



Cheers
 

Status
Not open for further replies.