Glossy vs Matte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staphylococcus

Apr 28, 2004
HI,

Just wondering what are the considerations when developing images on whether to choose glossy or matte photos. Does the purpose of the pictures determine the type of photos(eg wedding album, framed, general..etc)

Thanks

gloss look more nice. somehow

Matte seem more durable...less likely to get finger prints on it....for me it is always matte.... :)

For me, I'll print my photos on Matte. If I'm printing them for someone else, I use glossy.

olympus_jy said:
For me, I'll print my photos on Matte. If I'm printing them for someone else, I use glossy.

I prefer matte with wihte border. I find glossy reflect ceiling light too much...

scramblur11 said:
Matte seem more durable...less likely to get finger prints on it....for me it is always matte.... :)

Yes, agree with the fingerprints problem. But will glossy photos become less prone to fingerprints over time? What about home printing on printers? Do they offer the same quality printouts like lab prints?( taking into account that we use top quality stuff)

Matte for me. Esp matte with B&W. :) Sexy

matter of personal pref.

Glossy is disgusting. I can see everyone's fingerprints and it reflects all the room lights, and it looks like cheap plastic, and if you put it inside albums it often sticks to the plastic sleeve or other photos. Matte looks much nicer and gives less problems.

The purpose of photography is visual communication.

Chose the presentation that best communicate your intentions, rather than "which one is better".

student said:
The purpose of photography is visual communication.

Chose the presentation that best communicate your intentions, rather than "which one is better".

yeah, I dun have any visual communication so far so I dun print. When you showing more of your slides to me :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.