glossy passport picture for new license

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekai

May 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
anyone submitted glossy instead of matt passport picture for license renewal and got accepted.

whats the big problen with glossy anyway?

Originally posted by zekai
anyone submitted glossy instead of matt passport picture for license renewal and got accepted.

whats the big problen with glossy anyway?

Yes, mine was submitted with a glossy and was accepted. Singpost counter girl initially refused to accept, I said they reject then I send again lor.

i did a glossy one for my fren and it got accepted without any hiccup.

Originally posted by coozie
what about background ??

they require white background but mine is a bit greyish .. do u folks tink i can get thru ?? :D

50/50 I had one that was glossy and greyish but it was accepted grudgingly by the counter staff.

You could use the magic wand in photoshop and raise the curves of the background until it becomes white. That's what I did for my friends photos.:)

Mine (glossy) was rejected. I was told that glossy photo reflect light during scanning. Later I send it a matt finish and my lisence is now in my wallet. Why can't they do an online application where we just need to send in our digital photo? :dunno:

i think they need to verify the photo submitted is the same as the applicant.

Sent mine in, glossy and grey background, and more than six months old (for recent photo...) and there was no mention about my pic, they just processed without a word and got my licence safely.

Whoever you gave it to to process must really be either NUTS (no-u-turn-syndrome), perfectionist, or your face reminds her (assuming she's a she) of her ex...

Originally posted by coozie
what about background ??

they require white background but mine is a bit greyish .. do u folks tink i can get thru ?? :D

mine is yellow (cos i forgotten that they want white), the lady at post office told me that they may not accept, but if it is rejected, i will be told to send another photo again lor...

in the end can get thru....but look a bit odd due to the yellow background :(

hmm...the sample at SPF website also not really white one :D

licen1.jpg

Hi There....

Have you tried taking digital photo edit then print.....i used printed photos for my wife's and my License...

Regards,
me

Originally posted by sulhan
Hi There....

Have you tried taking digital photo edit then print.....i used printed photos for my wife's and my License...

Regards,
me

yes...why not? that's what i did

much cheaper too....one A4 matt photo paper can print 6 x 6 = 36 pieces

if u print outside u need to pay $6 x 9 = $54 already :p

or may be u can send to shop to print as 4R, can squeeze 6 passport photos...and cost only 50 cents

actually thats what i did.
I been using my G2 to take passport photo for everyone i know.

Originally posted by kex
they require matt finish,y go against the flow?

actually because my 4 x 6 photo paper are glossy....
any matt 4 x 6 paper around?

if you submit glossy print, the singpost person will close one eye and tp dun care already... i already did 3 diff app with success

Status
Not open for further replies.