Glossy LCD Scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.

davsmiths

Nov 9, 2004
AMK
Hi,

I have searched the forums and web but all I've found are solutions to remove scratches on the top case, and wristpad areas.

My glossy screen (MacBook) got scratched.... The cloth was a brand new "Made In Japan" Glass Cleaner set but it failed.

Now I have tiny scratches all over and it's quite obvious if there's reflection.

So I'll try my luck asking if anyone has successfully removed scratches of the MacBook /MacBook Pro glossy screens (Sony X-brite). Any product recommendations?

Thanks! If not, I'll be glad to know more scratched owners out there to share my absolute despair. Sad

Hi,

I have searched the forums and web but all I've found are solutions to remove scratches on the top case, and wristpad areas.

My glossy screen (MacBook) got scratched.... The cloth was a brand new "Made In Japan" Glass Cleaner set but it failed.

Now I have tiny scratches all over and it's quite obvious if there's reflection.

So I'll try my luck asking if anyone has successfully removed scratches of the MacBook /MacBook Pro glossy screens (Sony X-brite). Any product recommendations?

Thanks! If not, I'll be glad to know more scratched owners out there to share my absolute despair. Sad

sighs.
i have the same prob too! ><
can u enlighten me on how to remove scratches on the top case?

not too sure plastic polishing paste & rotory buffer (used for cars) can do d trick... :embrass:

For plastic, you can slowly use iClean, iDrops, Brasso, or any Nouvo plastic scratch remover agents at Hardware shops.

But for the screen... anyone?

check with apple see whether how much it cost to replace the screen...after that take care of it...

check with apple see whether how much it cost to replace the screen...after that take care of it...

howah... not that bad.
they're not like deep scratches but more of faint marks that wont disappear.

I think i can leave with it. it's very obvious unless i pixel peel with a torch.

Status
Not open for further replies.