Not open for further replies.

NorthernLights

Dec 17, 2002
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Captured this before a storm this evening...:p

Comments welcome!

aab.sized.jpg

Either your lens if not your sensor is dirty.

Originally posted by NorthernLights
Yup...bad news...sensor kena dust...

Thanks Newbie

I fixed up the URL...

Time to give that sensor some "blowing" :)

yah... dust on ur 10D sensor... can be PSed away what...
and i believe u didnt sharpen it?

anyway composition wise, i find that the sky is showing too much here, showing more of the foreground might help as well as zooming in more onto the subject

Personally i'm a bit disturbed by the inward falling buildings. i would try to level the camera (ie point straight instead of up) to straighten the buidings, then crop the unwanted water away at the bottom. i would end up with a similar pic, with a straight(er) buildings, and about 1/2 the sky. A more squarish picture. Just my personal preference, of course.

10D skies tend to be a bit noisy/bandy, which sometimes limits how much you can blow them. You can only see that on enlargement to 100% or more. Otherwise, quite a nice shot. Well done.

Originally posted by ST1100
Personally i'm a bit disturbed by the inward falling buildings. i would try to level the camera (ie point straight instead of up) to straighten the buidings, then crop the unwanted water away at the bottom. i would end up with a similar pic, with a straight(er) buildings, and about 1/2 the sky. A more squarish picture. Just my personal preference, of course.

10D skies tend to be a bit noisy/bandy, which sometimes limits how much you can blow them. You can only see that on enlargement to 100% or more. Otherwise, quite a nice shot. Well done.

Good idea!:thumbsup:

I was trying to show the wideness of the sky with stormy clouds. Maybe I should not have adjusted to become brighter as the actual was darker and showed more stormy clouds and less 'bandy'. Seems PS makes it worse.

Ya, agreed about the buildings tapering. Guess there'll be a compromise. If the buildings were straightened and a smaller crop picture may be better...but I wasn't trying to express that...just the limits of what one can do...hai!:embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.