Global Warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
who's trying to prevent development? nobody says development has to stop. the undertaking of the Kyoto protocol is based on freewill of each country's administration, if not U.S. and Australia would not have signed but refuse to ratify.

if U.S. and Australia refuse to ratify because they are afraid of the suspected conspiracy to transfer wealth from industrialised economies to third world developing nations, no one can force them.

Who says im talking about Kyoto protocol?

food for thoughts...

Do you suppose those 2 who wrote these reports now sleep without air-con?
Does the scientist now work without aircon, fan and other cooling aid?
Does the scientist also not drive?
Does the scientist also not use any water heater when showering in winter?

Everyone is just procrastinating, and most are just NATO and hope that someone else do it... problem is, WHO?

Even if the govt increase tarriff to electricity, etc... end of the day, it has becomed a necessity for people to drive to work, take public transport etc... even use air-con to sleep... if a scientist in US tells me to sleep without air con now, i'll tell him to off his heater when he is sleeping... likewise... dun on the air con when its summer... if he says that will deprive his sleep and hence not able to do his NATO research... then what rights does he have to deprive the rest while he is enjoying his 'fruits of labour'?

well, you do things because it's good for you, it's free choice. what's good for you, only you can decide, isn't it?

well, you do things because it's good for you, it's free choice. what's good for you, only you can decide, isn't it?

true... but for these, its not 1 person do and the rest don't... and worse off, those who advocate isn't doing what they preach... so who else will bother? true?

so has your country been prevented from development based on charges of pollution?

Nope, because my country developed before pollution was known to be a bad thing. The UK has basically been completely deforested, and if global warming is right, this is a bad thing, which is why many governments are trying to pressure the Asian and South American countries away from deforestation, due to the manifestation of global warming.

true... but for these, its not 1 person do and the rest don't... and worse off, those who advocate isn't doing what they preach... so who else will bother? true?

so who's preaching that we should be environmentally responsible?

Al Gore? oh please, only the average anti-Bush American would do things JUST FOR him. he isn't the only person advocating that.

U.S. scientists? even their government don't seem to give them a damn :bsmilie:

it's alot of personal undertaking, you think it's good, you do. if it's not good, don't do lor, no one's forcing you what :bsmilie:

so who's preaching that we should be environmentally responsible?

Al Gore? oh please, only the average anti-Bush American would do things JUST FOR him. he isn't the only person advocating that.

U.S. scientists? even their government don't seem to give them a damn :bsmilie:

it's alot of personal undertaking, you think it's good, you do. if it's not good, don't do lor, no one's forcing you what :bsmilie:

tonight i go kiss my aircon goodnight... :devil:

Nope, because my country developed before pollution was known to be a bad thing. The UK has basically been completely deforested, and if global warming is right, this is a bad thing, which is why many governments are trying to pressure the Asian and South American countries away from deforestation, due to the manifestation of global warming.

supporting a movement to control manmade global warming doesn't necessary need to point to the stopping of 3rd world development. more should be done in U.S., the world should pressure U.S. instead. well, facts speak for themselves http://mdgs.un.org/unsd/mdg/SeriesDetail.aspx?srid=751&crid=

you know why An Inconvenient Truth is good? it's because the voice to call for change in attitude towards environmental responsibility within U.S. has come from within U.S. instead of from international pressure. we don't have to believe in everything that Al Gore says, but the average U.S. citizen ought to, at the very least they should realise their own numbers.

supporting a movement to control manmade global warming doesn't necessary need to point to the stopping of 3rd world development. more should be done in U.S., the world should pressure U.S. instead. well, facts speak for themselves http://mdgs.un.org/unsd/mdg/SeriesDetail.aspx?srid=751&crid=

I agree with you. But you cannot deny, pressure is being placed on these nations.

What panel of experts, read my point number 10. Many experts do not believe in global warming. I may rebuttal this by saying what are a politicians claim to knowing what hes talking about, is he a scientific researcher? I think not. Is he someone who wants votes? YUP!

Everything on earth today was already here 1,000,000 years ago. Water, carbon ... everything. Nothing has been created. The carbon you put in air today with your car has been catched by earth during hundreds of thausends or years from air to underground and you get it out in a few years.

It's not a question of believing or not. It's a question of logic. Carbon is poison for man, that's the fact, man came to life because there was not too much carbon in air, there was not too much carbon in air because it has been captured underground by natural action and we are pulling it out by human action.

I've no kid, but maybe you have some or intend to. Just think, each time you put gaz in your car, you remove some air for them, you let a word more dirty. In my mind, that has a name : selfish (and stupidity, how can an intelligent man let a dirty world for his own kids, that's just non sens).

Everything on earth today was already here 1,000,000 years ago. Water, carbon ... everything. Nothing has been created. The carbon you put in air today with your car has been catched by earth during hundreds of thausends or years from air to underground and you get it out in a few years.

It's not a question of believing or not. It's a question of logic. Carbon is poison for man, that's the fact, man came to life because there was not too much carbon in air, there was not too much carbon in air because it has been captured underground by natural action and we are pulling it out by human action.

I've no kid, but maybe you have some or intend to. Just think, each time you put gaz in your car, you remove some air for them, you let a word more dirty. In my mind, that has a name : selfish (and stupidity, how can an intelligent man let a dirty world for his own kids, that's just non sens).

And since 1,000,000 years ago how much has this carbon level changed, go take a look, you might surprise yourself.

And since 1,000,000 years ago how much has this carbon level changed, go take a look, you might surprise yourself.

say, what do you say of this report?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4467420.stm

1. if the current trends of global warming are due entirely to natural circumstances, well that's just good luck to everyone. live your life well and say bye bye.

2. if the current trends of global warming are due to human activities, well we're killing ourselves.

3. if the current trends of global warming are due to natural and manmade causes, well let's try cut down on manmade problems and see how we can deal with nature. if the natural causes are way beyond our abilities to comprehend, well like #1, live your life well and say bye bye.

end of the day, if humans control our share of global warming, when the day comes we know it's not us who killed ourselves.

say, what do you say of this report?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4467420.stm

1. if the current trends of global warming are due entirely to natural circumstances, well that's just good luck to everyone. live your life well and say bye bye.

2. if the current trends of global warming are due to human activity, well we're killing ourselves.

3. if the current trends of global warming are due to natural and manmade causes, well let's try cut down on manmade problems and see how we can deal with nature. if the natural causes are way beyond our abilities to comprehend, well like #1, live your life well and say bye bye.

end of the day, if humans control our share of global warming, when the day comes we know it's not us who killed ourselves.

What do you say to these two?

http://www.worldclimatereport.com/index.php/2006/12/01/are-humans-involved-in-global-warming

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=KLON1IAU2SNB5QFIQMFSFFOAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2006/11/05/nosplit/nwarm05.xml

(Research data - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2006/11/05/warm-refs.pdf)

and so i ask you, who do you want to believe?

This is the point, not everyone sees eye to eye. I honestly think its quite arrogant to assume we are the problem, but then, I could be completely wrong. Id like to think we would get it right, be able to fully prove we are the cause or not. I still have faith in people making the right decision.

Proof of global warming? :dunno:

stcysg-img350x142-proof_of_global_warming.gif

This is the point, not everyone sees eye to eye. I honestly think its quite arrogant to assume we are the problem, but then, I could be completely wrong. Id like to think we would get it right, be able to fully prove we are the cause or not. I still have faith in people making the right decision.

in the meantime of getting things right, shouldn't U.S. start putting a filter on their carbon dioxide chimneys? :angel:

wad u believe, wad is d truth? :dunno:

i jus do my part switch 2 more enery efficient, lower power consumption devises. but i need my fridge powered 24/7 ok! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.