Bishan
fumio.myphotoalbum.com
First time using my new SB600. :embrass:

My humble shots:

ResizeofDSC_1233.jpg

ResizeofDSC_1230.jpg

ResizeofDSC_1225.jpg

ResizeofDSC_1223.jpg

looks abit under exposed. Wats the setting u use on your camera and SB600?

Yes agreed. Using ISO400 liao but.... btw flash is at auto +1.3 with softbox and aperture is f6.3 ~f8 & shutter speed @1/100~1/125. But mostly using 1/100 @f8.

Too underexposed; the guy's T-shirt is grey instead of white. Why not adjust it using PS to over expose 1-2 stops? Maybe a difference can be seen and be compared?

Why don't use a larger aperture to achieve more exposure and a shallower depth of field? :think:

All shots are actually not bad, just underexpose.
Try to use PS to adjust the brightness and contrast a bit and you will still have very nice pics.
How far away are you from the models ?? If you are too far, the flash might not be able to reach them. What's the largest aperture of your lens ?? Shoot at the largest aperture and set your ISO to 800 if need to. D50 noise level is still acceptable at ISO800. :bsmilie:

Fumio said:
Yes agreed. Using ISO400 liao but.... btw flash is at auto +1.3 with softbox and aperture is f6.3 ~f8 & shutter speed @1/100~1/125. But mostly using 1/100 @f8.

O i think u can remove the softbox. put ur aperture bigger, say f3 or f4. It should give u a sharper n brighter image.

U Shot in JPEG is it ? The PS shots looks a bit burned leh ...

If U had shot in RAW, just up the exposure it should be about right.

Fumio said:

I feel that such half-body shots should be shot vertically to fill the frame (zoomed in and the subject's width would fill a large proportion of the frame width while you still get your half body) instead of horizontally which causes the subject to cover too little of the frame and there is too much negative space.

Just my personal view.

WB off a little bit also. The exposure of the guy is correct, but the color of the skin is too red for me. More PS....

under-exposed shots...

Hi Guy, did any one happen to take shots of M10 during heat 1 @bishan j8 heat 2 @ tampines mall? If you do, will you send it me thru my email (punx_eric@hotmail.com)

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.