Glamour Quest 2006 Heat1 at J8

Status
Not open for further replies.

obewan

Feb 11, 2005
obe.homedns.org
Some shots from the Glamour Quest Heat1 at Junction 8.
Happy viewing and feel free to give comments.

DSC_0124%7E1.JPG

DSC_0130.JPG

DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0135%7E0.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG

Gals shots coming... be patient... :bsmilie:

DSC_0167.JPG

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0201.JPG

DSC_0225.JPG

DSC_0306%7E0.JPG

DSC_0317.JPG

The End ====> Thank you for viewing...:kiss:

you were fast!
some colour of the photo I find it a bit dull and plain, especially for most of the guys one, ladys one are better, probably just like me, using the guys for test shots first :bsmilie: .
I think white balance could be some issue for some of the girls photo though e.g. #6, 10, 12, 18 feel greenish? But I could be wrong, my colour sense not very well. But generally capture sharp and well for the girls.

very nice bro:)

For fashion or glamour contest photos, I personally think that :

1) For full body length pictures, the top area above the head should not be too much but quite tightly cropped. The bottom space below the feet of course shouldn't be too much too. Then width of the figure (body width + arms dangling) then naturally occupies about 1/2 of the width of the picture. E.g. a 1.70m tall person has a figure width of about 60cm. So about 1.80m tall (figure height plus a little space below feet) would occupy 640 pixels height and then the figure width of 60cm would then occupy 60 x 640/180 = 213 pixels which is 1/2 of the 427 pixels width (in a 3:2 aspect ratio picture). This is to avoid too much negative space in the picture.

2) For non-full body length pictures, the top area above the head should also not have too much space and the body and arms should occupy the full or almost full width of the picture. For e.g. if a figure width of 60cm occupies 427 pixels, then 640/427 x 60cm = 90cm would be the height captured. So about slightly more than half of the figure length would be in the picture, meaning that from head down to about between waist to groin region. If you compose too wide and you maintain the same 3:2 aspect ratio, then it will go half way to about knee or shin area and it looks odd as the legs are chopped off half way. Also there would be too much negative space on the sides since the figure width would occupy only about 1/3 or less of picture width.

Notwithstanding the above, you may still shoot taller or wider if you want to include things which are interesting around the scene and you want to show it to the viewer. But if uninteresting things occupy too much of the picture, then they only becomes a distraction away from the main subject.

Just my personal view.

wow...very nice series....

wow,

very nice series of work, my fav 8 n 14. Good eye contact u capture her look, hehe...........

Good shots :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks for sharing.
very nice coverage.
haha.. i see someone i know from the guys =P
basket, now going modelling, hahaha.

Hi Guy, did any one happen to take shots of M10 during heat 1 @bishan j8 heat 2 @ tampines mall? If you do, will you send it me thru my email (punx_eric@hotmail.com)

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.