Giving up Photography completely

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Perhaps this might be a little 'too serious' for kopitiam.

But have u guys wondered abt giving up photography? I mean completely give up due to something (maybe due to emotional circumstances).

I'm thinking of it right now, immediately. Selling my DSLR and not touching photography (or even thinking abt the Art), forever.

What happened? :think:

I bet you won't give up so easily. What you're feeling now and said here is very hush. When you're feeling better about your emotional problems, you'll like photography again! :)

*HUGS jsbn*

don't give up!
Thnx.

But occasionally, when ur life runs from marble smooth to sandpaper, there are things that u dun really want to think about. :) Philosophy and Art of Photography is probably on the last thing in my mind right now actually.

once a photog always a photog. u can quit..but u'll be keep dreaming about it ;)

i've been through quite alot and once posted a thread here to thank everyone for the great time they've given me here but i thought for a very long time that friends are here to treasure u. yeah. those sorta things.

give it up for a while...sell all ur gear. u can always come back to it later. settle the important issues first, photography is a nice-to-have, it can wait. but i think it's a shame to give up completely a hobby that has provided some happiness and fulfilment in the past.

:)

give it up for a while...sell all ur gear. u can always come back to it later. settle the important issues first, photography is a nice-to-have, it can wait. but i think it's a shame to give up completely a hobby that has provided some happiness and fulfilment in the past.

Well said :thumbsup:

The only time that you really give up photography is when it is time to meet your creator. At some time in your life you'll pick it up again.

Prioritise what is important in your life. Photography took a back seat and went out the window when my father was terminally ill.

HTH.

Photography is just a hobby to you. There'll always be a lot of things more important than a hobby.

You might not touch photography again, juz dun forget the friends you've met when you're in CS.

Your decision. Take a time-out. :)

Just remember, photography will always be here with open arms... anytime you want in, you are in! :heart:

Thnx zaren.

Well, its a little hard. And xtemujin is right on prioritising things.
Sometimes I guess I think I attempt and think on too many things simultaneously. Maybe its time I start to relook on the things on my table again. :)

CYRN: After so long, photography doesn't feel so much like a hobby for me like it was in the past. But I'm looking it more like an Art Form nowadays. Still, some things in life now are probably more important than philosophical thoughts now. :)

Dreams will still be there though.

You still have camera on your phone. :) (if your phone does have one)

Well, I have a weird way of thinking -

You can't give up photog, you can only give up practising it. How can one forget all that he's learnt during the course of exploration, whether it's self-perceived definitions of beauty or techniques? =)

In any case, everyone's entitled to their decision, I don't think it'd be fair for anyone to judge you on your decision to quit practising photog or not, because they aren't in your circumstances.

Well that's all I have to say, and good luck with your situation, dude~

Just take a break, I once had this feeling too. Even in his old age heri bresson kept shooting with his mind. Dont need a camera to be a photograher..

Perhaps this might be a little 'too serious' for kopitiam.

But have u guys wondered abt giving up photography? I mean completely give up due to something (maybe due to emotional circumstances).

I'm thinking of it right now, immediately. Selling my DSLR and not touching photography (or even thinking abt the Art), forever.

i guess u are just feeling "drained out" either by work or relationship... hey ! just lock your camera in dry cabinet for 3 months.. don't need to give up.

... have u guys wondered abt giving up photography? I mean completely give up due to something (maybe due to emotional circumstances)...

Yes, 15 years ago I sold all my gears and gave up photography completely. But I pick it up again last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.