Giveaway: Working Condition Fancier FT6662A Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

edutilos-

Dec 28, 2010
The Universe
www.facebook.com
I have a working condition Fancier FT6662A tripod to give away. When I dug it out I felt a sense of nostalgia as it used to be really popular in CS when Tago-Tech was carrying it. After all, how many decent enough tripods could you have for $56 at that time? Then Sirui came along and everyone somehow stopped demanding anything less than Sirui quality (even though a basic Sirui still costs more than $100). Maybe we are getting richer. I also noticed that the gear talk threads nowadays are always talking about mid-range cameras, less discussion about entry level cameras. How times change.

Anyways, back to the topic. If you are:

(i) a student, or financially challenged yet somehow have a camera that you would like a basic tripod to use with;
(ii) don't have a decent enough tripod beyond some plastic nonsense that some electronics store threw at you FOC;
(iii) are willing to travel down to my location (Eunos MRT) at a good timing (weekday nights or weekends, can arrange)

Please feel free to PM me. If you know someone who fits the above description and is also looking for a tripod, please let them know.

By working condition, I mean that it is fully functional. It is not going to fall apart anytime either. I think with normal Singapore use (assuming you don't go and submerge yourself in Punggol every weekend and fling the tripod around) I'd give it at least a year's life, from my past experience in using such tripods.

Some photographs just for ref:

IMGP6372_zpsa8b10c01.jpg

IMGP6373_zpseaaef7f6.jpg

IMGP6374_zps31f60443.jpg

Comes with bag and QR plate too.

Specs:

Aluminum-Alloy-Tripod-FT6662A-.jpg

When people start to give old things away, you know it is time to do spring cleaning :bsmilie:

Guys, it's actually nothing much. In fact, given the state of affluence these days I highly doubt there will be anyone coming along. I know students who are looking at buying D4s, so... If you can afford a D4s you can probably afford a Gitzo. :bsmilie: Anyways, just didn't want it to go to waste sitting around the house.

Anyways, nothing to do with spring cleaning. I just had a hard time looking for the QR plate and only just found it recently. :)

Also, the people PM'ing me, it would be great if you took a little effort to write up a little about yourself, since I had mentioned specifically that I am targeting the giveaway at a specific group of people. Of course if you fall outside that group, still feel free to PM but priority will be given to the group. Rest assured that anything mentioned will not be shared (unless it involves deception on your part, then I reserve the rights to raise awareness about such), including who the tripod was given away to eventually. It would make things easier for all, since you won't be the only one PM'ing me about this.

This is really not because I am extremely interested in your life details, but it's more of an attempt at being able to discern between people who can afford the tripod (and thus don't really need to get it from me, sorry I can't put it less bluntly) and the ones who would genuinely benefit from this in one way or another. Will I go into detail to check? Probably not. I leave it to your own personal character to decide to do what is right.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Tripod taken. :) Sorry to all those who PM me but got no response, was deciding on who to release it to. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.