give me some advice

khantsilinn

Aug 5, 2012
singapore
hi
I want to learn photography professional. my career will be going to be a professional photographer. My photography level is not beginner. i want to learn photography in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia. any country i can go . i want to know where is best place for photography intermediate level to professional level... anyone know please guide me where is it in 3 countries which i mentioned above..

thanks

hi
anyone know about best place for learning photography intermediate level to professional level in Singapore, Bangkok?

khantsilinn said:
hi
I want to learn photography professional. my career will be going to be a professional photographer. My photography level is not beginner. i want to learn photography in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia. any country i can go . i want to know where is best place for photography intermediate level to professional level... anyone know please guide me where is it in 3 countries which i mentioned above..

thanks

You dont sound a local SG person... Where are you from?

You should become a professional where:

1. You are allowed to work (visa/work permit)
2. you are familiar with the language/culture (if you will be shooting events).

You never mentioned what aspect of photography either.

actually i m from myanmar, i m studying in Singapore currently. i m staying in Singapore with student pass... i m so interested in learning photography, especially fashion, wedding and portrait photography. I need a good teacher to learn about that kind of photography...i think you all guys guide me where good teaching of professional photography is...
thanks all

actually i m from myanmar, i m studying in Singapore currently. i m staying in Singapore with student pass... i m so interested in learning photography, especially fashion, wedding and portrait photography. I need a good teacher to learn about that kind of photography...i think you all guys guide me where good teaching of professional photography is...
thanks all

You say you're not a beginner but it sounds like it. Nobody will teach you how to be a professional photographer, because why would anyone train their own competition? You need to develop your own skills by practice practice practice, and then make the decision to either join an established professional as a second shooter/assistant (if they will accept you) or open your own company. Remember, things like wedding photography are very very country specific. You would need to understand all the steps in the wedding 100%.

By the way, we have an entire forum section called "The Photo Biz" with stickies about what it takes to become a pro. Just a warning: In Singapore, there are tens of thousands of students who just got a DSLR and now want to "turn professional". Maybe only less than 1% will succeed, and they do that because they learn on their own, and know local contacts, and develop a local client base. Going around asking to be taught by a pro (when you do not have a work pass, and no portfolio yet) is a recipe for failure.

khantsilinn said:
thanks all

Myanmar has lots of opportunities. Good that u want to do something now. Do it early, be one of the pioneers and u will have alot of business

Special thanks for your advice ... I will be practice more and more ... wedding photography need not only photography skill but also communication skill about the client... etc. i have no confidence about my skill that's why i think so i need to upgrade my photography skill.. that's why i ask. i should need to invest more time in photography in learning everything... can i attend some photography workshop ? which workshop is good ?
thanks a lot

khantsilinn said:
Special thanks for your advice ... I will be practice more and more ... wedding photography need not only photography skill but also communication skill about the client... etc. i have no confidence about my skill that's why i think so i need to upgrade my photography skill.. that's why i ask. i should need to invest more time in photography in learning everything... can i attend some photography workshop ? which workshop is good ?
thanks a lot

I think having a mentor is more impt than workshops. Look for someone who is experienced and willing to guide u as a mentor

i will do some wedding photography business in Myanmar ... but i want to get some professional skill about photography... i think so in south east Asia, Bangkok is good place to learn professional photography...

i will do some wedding photography business in Myanmar ... but i want to get some professional skill about photography... i think so in south east Asia, Bangkok is good place to learn professional photography...

The only thing you will learn then is the business requirements for Bangkok. You need to focus on learning more about Myanmar. Also, the wedding skillset for Bangkok may have no relevance to Myanmar.

sure that i don't someone who teach me very well ... do you know ? :)

khantsilinn said:

Since u are in SG, find work as assistant to some experienced photographer here. Then u learn while u work. But make sure the work does not affect your studies

Another alternative. Shoot shoot and shoot. Then post your photo in this forum for advice. There are quite alot of professionals here who are more than willing to guide you. But most importantly keep shooting.

If you want to be taught and hand-held by a professional, you need to pay him. If you want to be an assistant and learn on the job, you need to have skills/portfolio that would give a pro the confidence that you will not get in the way and can help him.

I appreciate you guys all advice ... I will try my best ...

Hi Bro, Keeping trying and do not give up. You will make it. I think you can find a lots of good advice from this forum. Enjoy.

u can find a job to start off as an assistant first. then apply for work permit. then u can slowly move up from there.

special thanks, i will try my best bro. now i m attending bachelor of business in private institute in Singapore. my education is i have finished diploma of business administration in PSB academy. I will make my photo portfolio first before i apply assistant. i want to know about Can i apply a job that my diploma education plus my photo portfolio ? is anything needed to apply that kind of job ?