Status
Not open for further replies.

rinaldi86

Apr 13, 2004
Singapore
beer...

As for Tiger Airways? Nah!

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/3142454/

A NORTHERN Territory family's dream holiday has been left in tatters after not being allowed to board a Tiger Airways flight from Darwin to Singapore because their daughter is disabled.

Savvas and Irini Maillis were taking their four children on a month-long holiday to Greece, but could not board the Tiger Airways flight on Saturday.

They have now lost about $15,000 in airfares, transfers and accommodation.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20906607-421,00.html

Shouldn't that be considered as discrimination? :angry:

yea, then whats the point of having a local media when whenever there's unfavourable news about Singaporean companies they cover it up.

they are now in the midst of compensation discussion, and i am sure it will run in 6-digit figure. :think:
well good for the family, they may now have a chance to travel first class instead....... give me another TIGER! :bsmilie:

lol.. this appear in local news? just got a copy of today's The New Paper.

Nothing about this incident :sweatsm:

Actually Tiger Airways did state in their terms and conditions that they do not have enough staff to handle disabled passengers. It's the minimum staff issue. Furthermore, it's Budget airline.

only hear the good things :thumbsup: ... just like the Gold 90 FM ads :bsmilie:

yea, then whats the point of having a local media when whenever there's unfavourable news about Singaporean companies they cover it up.

Thread digging, but heck! It's different news article, same case, different people!

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/061214/5/singapore246892.html

Fair use:

Hairstylist Ivan Hoo Soo Yu told Today his 70-year-old mother, Madam Jessie Tan Yen Ngo, was turned away last month by Tiger Airways ground staff at the Budget Terminal.

When contacted, Jetstar Asia chief Chong Phit Lian said the lack of aerobridges at the Budget Terminal could be the reason why Mdm Tan had been turned away. Jetstar's own policy is: "As long as you can walk to the seat in the plane, you are fine." The airline helps those who are disabled by allotting them seats nearer to the exits, Ms Chong added.

Disabled People's Association president Leo Cheng Ian called Tiger Airways' actions "outright discrimination" against the disabled.

When contacted, Jetstar Asia chief Chong Phit Lian said the lack of aerobridges at the Budget Terminal could be the reason why Mdm Tan had been turned away. Jetstar's own policy is: "As long as you can walk to the seat in the plane, you are fine." The airline helps those who are disabled by allotting them seats nearer to the exits, Ms Chong added.

Disabled People's Association president Leo Cheng Ian called Tiger Airways' actions "outright discrimination" against the disabled.

Not bad leh, tigerair is promoting miracle healing...

imagine they go line up,

Attendant: ahma, u must walk to your seat...
Ahma: cannot, i have been on wheelchair since 20 years ago...
Attendant: our policy says As long as you can walk to the seat in the plane, you are fine.
Ahma: beh sai lah, i never walk for 20 years liao...
Attendant: Ahma, u dun walk, u cannot take plane
Ahma: Jin eh si beh sai lah...
Attendant: Ahma, walk... (%^&%^&$&^%)
[ahma jerk her feet and started standing up]
ahma: WA EH SAI KIA LIAO!!! I CAN WALK!!! WAHHHH!!! GUM XIA TIGERAIR!!! THANK YOU!!!

Not bad leh, tigerair is promoting miracle healing...

imagine they go line up,

Attendant: ahma, u must walk to your seat...
Ahma: cannot, i have been on wheelchair since 20 years ago...
Attendant: our policy says As long as you can walk to the seat in the plane, you are fine.
Ahma: beh sai lah, i never walk for 20 years liao...
Attendant: Ahma, u dun walk, u cannot take plane
Ahma: Jin eh si beh sai lah...
Attendant: Ahma, walk... (%^&%^&$&^%)
[ahma jerk her feet and started standing up]
ahma: WA EH SAI KIA LIAO!!! I CAN WALK!!! WAHHHH!!! GUM XIA TIGERAIR!!! THANK YOU!!!
:thumbsup:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

ROFL!! :thumbsup: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

aiyo... u all so bad...

i haven finish the story yet... ;p

i wonder should i release the 2nd part of the exciting episode of the Miracle Healing.

Actually Tiger Airways did state in their terms and conditions that they do not have enough staff to handle disabled passengers. It's the minimum staff issue. Furthermore, it's Budget airline.

So are you saying that being a budget airline, they are free to discriminate?

I hope the settlement goes into 7 digits!

And one more reason I will never fly Tiger.

don't the people at tiger understand that budget airlines doesn't mean budget service or budget attitude...afterall, they are still operating in the service industry...

morever, operating at the budget terminal, how come airport taxes are still so high? savings are not transferred to the consumers which can only mean they are earning extra after the switch.

anyway, why the big difference in service standards between tiger n the parent company?

Status
Not open for further replies.