Gitzo tripod questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjonhan

Oct 18, 2006
Two questions related to Gitzo tripods:

1. Are there any other brands of tripods other than Gitzo that are using the twist and lock method and have anti rotating legs?(as of those of the new models of gitzo tripods)

2. Gitzo tripods come with lifetime warranty, is it applicable to those bought in singapore as well? If yes, do we go back to the shop we bought it from?(anyone have any experience to share perhaps..)

Thanks

Answers to Question 1: Benro tripods offer anti rotation tripod legs, and anti dust too. I have one and only need to twist and lock/unlock.
Answer to Question 2 (for Benro tripods): I do not know anything about Gitzo tripods. For Benro tripods, warranty applies to Benro tripods too (1 yr). Any problems with tripods, you can approach the official seller in CS. He is ever ready to help you solve problems.

All the best in your purchase. :)

Benro also uses the same system but then there is one difference. The one that I had have to extend and tighten 1 segment before extending another 1 segment. Design might have changed. You should really get your hands on trying them out.

Lifetime warranty, you can get it done straight with the company itself or the shop that you bought it from. Depending on the shop`s willingness to help you out.

Benro also uses the same system but then there is one difference. The one that I had have to extend and tighten 1 segment before extending another 1 segment. Design might have changed. You should really get your hands on trying them out.

I used only one hand to unlock all three segments. I can lock any segment in any order. Usually I lock the topmost segment first. And Yes, you really need to try out both tripods.

I used only one hand to unlock all three segments. I can lock any segment in any order. Usually I lock the topmost segment first. And Yes, you really need to try out both tripods.

what i am asking is, can you unlock all three segments at the same time and then extend all the legs before locking again, or do you have to unlock one, extend, lock, then unlock the next one...you get what i mean?

I tried a benro before, as what TMC said, only can do one segment at a time. For gitzo you and untwist all the locks first, extend all the segment at one go, and then tighten the locks. When i tried the benro previously, i cant unlock two segments at a time cause after unlocking the first segment, if i try to unlock the second, the whole thing will turn together (rotate..)

go to TK photo at shaw tower to try it out. or aske Jack006 about the latest benro tripods to see if they can get do it. Prefer the new Gitzo alum tripods. nice and solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.