Gitzo Carbon fiber Tripod

baggiolee

Dec 7, 2006
www.facebook.com
does gitzo has a equivalent tripod that is similar to manfrotto 190cxpro4 that has a 90 deg center column?

:heart: my Gt2531ex !!

baggiolee said:
700-800sgd? wow..they r so ex even though they can withstand 12kg.

Expensive yes. But yet many people still buy it. Because it is excellent. If you want to save some money, get the older aluminum or basalt fiber versions, if you can find them that is.

there's no smaller version right?

Expensive yes. But yet many people still buy it. Because it is excellent. If you want to save some money, get the older aluminum or basalt fiber versions, if you can find them that is.

well if u willing to look away from Gitzo, there the Vanguard alto pro series, think they have diff sizes... its half the price of a Gitzo..

ask my fellow gitzo CF tripod owners

does it give out a smell when t is wet or you hold it too long?
mine does :(

recently got caught in the rain with the gitzo, didnt realize the smell thou... maybe u shld wrap the legs or get the leg warmers... if u feel uncomfortable with it....

my 2 cents

ortega said:

Mine doesn't. But advisable to disassemble the legs to clean it once in a while ESP after use in sea water.

akerue said:
well if u willing to look away from Gitzo, there the Vanguard alto pro series, think they have diff sizes... its half the price of a Gitzo..

Bro the vanguard is quite prone to vibrations esp the cf version with the center column angled. Tried it in TK that day before we met up.

the more i think of it, the more displease i get with the level of service i got when i told the shop about it.
I will bring this up again, thanks

I will go and compare with other gitzo CF tripods first

baggiolee said:
there's no smaller version right?

There is a smaller version with lower load specs. Look at the gitzo site, the first model listed in the explorer section. But I have yet to see it in stores.

Bro the vanguard is quite prone to vibrations esp the cf version with the center column angled. Tried it in TK that day before we met up.

oh yah, now i remember, but if TS doesnt want the size of the Explorer and its weight, the next alternative will be the vanguard which has a few sizes for that range....

oh yah, now i remember, but if TS doesnt want the size of the Explorer and its weight, the next alternative will be the vanguard which has a few sizes for that range....

ortega said:
the more i think of it, the more displease i get with the level of service i got when i told the shop about it.
I will bring this up again, thanks

I will go and compare with other gitzo CF tripods first

Mine is older basalt fiber explorer btw. So you know.

I have the old 1127 CF. Have it with me for many many years... no smell problems etc at all. Very sturdy and rigid.