Gitxo tripod

paulng

Jul 30, 2011
Does anyone know where I can go to get my Gitzo tripod repaired - one of the sleeves on the tripod legs are free rotating and not locking so basically I can't extend to max height of the tripod. Looking at the Gitzo website they don't operate directly into Singapore and are using retailers. Do I need to go to HK to get Gitzo repaired which seems to be the closest Gitzo office? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi paul, you can send in to the shriro the agent for gitzo. PM me if you need the sales guy contact.

Does anyone know where I can go to get my Gitzo tripod repaired - one of the sleeves on the tripod legs are free rotating and not locking so basically I can't extend to max height of the tripod. Looking at the Gitzo website they don't operate directly into Singapore and are using retailers. Do I need to go to HK to get Gitzo repaired which seems to be the closest Gitzo office? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Did you open up the legs to clean?
There is a c-shaped plastic ring which corresponds to a groove in the leg. This prevents the leg from rotation.
My guess is you either mis-aligned the plastic ring, or damaged it :eek:
gitzo-004.jpg

http://reallyrightstuff.com/mmrrs/Images/library/maintenance/Versa/gitzo-004.jpg

This is a photo taken from the net. Hope it helps :)

All my Gitzos always worked well thankfully. But I managed to repair a similar problem on my Benro with scotch-tape around the teflon ring.