Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm... then I think its miscommunication. She don't understand you fully, correctly. Could it be the way you phrase it? Hmm.. try letting her know what happened, and in the process hope that you can understand each other better... :)

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Didn't someone write a book about this?
Men are from Mars....

Yes, John Gray did. He will be coming to Singapore together with Bill Clinton and some other writers. The ticket price for the Platinum package is ... ehem... only S$9,951. Yes, you read correctly... S$9951. :cool:

Check out http://www.sistic.com.sg/tkevents/pinnacle.htm

Yeppie, hope you find your answer soon. Someone once wrote that in order to live happier, try reduce the "SHOULD" or "SHOULDN'T" from our vocabulary.

He isn't but I guess his presence would throw some extra weight to the Platinum Package. It's for the Creme de la Creme of the Singapore society to rub shoulders with each other.

:cool:

Originally posted by yeppie99
sigh. how to understand them? maybe Jed or Ian can do a writeup in their usual style.

You wanted it so you got it
The Photographers Guide to Women

For reasons that ellude me, guys and particular male photographers find women hard to understand. In order to lessen the learning curve I have great pleasure in presenting for your reading pleasure a brief overview of women that any photog can understand and appreciate.

Firstly we need to evaluate the different types of women out there in the wild. Women broadly speaking fall in to one of the following types.

The Minolta model
A really flashy job, lots of bells and whistles, but pretty poorly built, lightweight and suits guys with limited financial resources. Sort of the Ah beng version of nirvana and tends to have a fairly short life before being traded in on the newest model in the lineup.

The Pentax model
The most casual of all current models available, tends to be taken out for weekends and special events. Low maintaince and low keeping cost. Very economical and suited for non serious use.

The Canon model
A trendy type, usually in quite garish dress, racy, sleek lines and tends to be quite a good performer but has many frivilous features intended to lure the unsuspecting technophile. Markets itself to the gadget mad types and has a serious side to it. Still quite a lightweight in overall system features though does have some excellent points.

The Nikon model
Currently the flagship of the crop. Classic beauty and with a solid background, refined ergonomics make this model both easy on the eye and great to hold. The massive system range means there's a model and option to suit even the most demanding photographer. The main drawback is the high cost of owning such a high class model and upkeep and servicing costs are high.

The Leica model
By far the most expensive model to own. is reputed to be a better model than the Nikon but frankly the cost of the Leica model is beyond most mortals. Tends to use outdated technologies and is quite conservative in nature and has massive snob appeal to the social climber. Highly favoured by the artsy fartsy set. Operational maintaince costs are extremely high and this model requires lots of maintainance to not only run well but also to look good.

The Contax model
Highly rated model, in common with the other so called German models it's overpriced and has big snob value. Likes to promote itself as a cheaper alternative to Leica. Like the dinosaur it is quite cumbersome, slow moving and develops slowly. A great model for the guy who is trying to tell the world he's arriving as a photographer.

Of course there are many other types of women such as economy P&S models etc.

;) :rbounce: ;)

Note: the above post is not intended to be taken seriously. If you are stupid enough to believe this is the authors real views then you should seek medical assistance as you're off your trolley

Dear Yeppie,

How much do you love her? How much do you fear losing her? If your love for her and your fear of losing her is less than your pride, I suggest you break up. Otherwise, get off that butt of yours and do the right thing. You know what to do.

Best wishes.:heart:

Thanks for your reply. I don't know what is the reason now that I just don't want to pick up the phone and give her a call. I've tried, but I always end up dialing 5-6 digits and hanging up the phone.

Actually my problem now is not really the fact that I'm in the army and she's studying. I do have quite a bit more free time than many others but definitely not the amount of free time school-life has to offer.

I think I can summarise our problems in one sentence. The problem is a misunderstanding of each other's intentions and actions. I feel that I do a certain thing or feel a certain way because I want things to improve between us but it ends up that she misunderstands it into something bad that I'm doing.

Argh, my life is written in this thread and I don't know what to do.

To Ian,

What?!!?? No Olympus? You offend me.:D

things are slightly better..... went out, talking now. but problem undiscussed. how do u discuss a problem? of even bring it up in the first place? or shld I?

Ruth....did u happen to be in dayang this week?
just asking

things are slightly better..... went out, talking now. but problem undiscussed. how do u discuss a problem? of even bring it up in the first place? or shld I?

I meeting up, you have created a chance for the problem to be discussed and to be resolved.

By not discussing because of "fear" of bringing it up, you have actually make the problem worse........just call her and discuss the whole thing. I promise you it will be the best move ever and there can only be 2 conculsions:

Better understanding of each other and an improved relationship

or

Understanding that some differences cannot be accepted and the end of the relationship....and this is better than to discover it much later because it will surface sonner or later.

Originally posted by Megadark
To Ian,

What?!!?? No Olympus? You offend me.:D

Ok, Ok, just for you ...

The Olympus model
Out of production and well past its use-by date the Olympus gal is a compact some what shabby model in comparison to the other models on offer. However, Olympus has recently been concentrating it's efforts in the hitech compact range of consumer oriented gals with nice lines and some good features. Temperamental though from what's been see but with good style and sleek lines.

Originally posted by Ian

Ok, Ok, just for you ...

The Olympus model
Out of production and well past its use-by date the Olympus gal is a compact some what shabby model in comparison to the other models on offer. However, Olympus has recently been concentrating it's efforts in the hitech compact range of consumer oriented gals with nice lines and some good features.

Yeppie,
Just call her and say, "Can we talk?"
Then meet in some quiet place and really talk.
Find out wat u mean by "don understand".
Uni exams jus ended right?

Anyway, also understand that there are lots of eligible guys at the uni. Be prepared, just in case. Just give all the time no matter how little it is if you value her love. Don give expecting some return, then won't be disappointed. :)

Cheer up and good luck!

"Help Yourself"
by Tom Jones

Love is like candy on a shelf
You want to taste and help yourself
The sweetest things are there for you
Help yourself, take a few
That's what I want you to do.

We're always told repeatedly
The very best in life is free
And if you want to prove it's true
Baby I'm telling you