girl who drowned in rasa shang

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
tell me i'm not the only one who weeped after seeing the pics of her parents crying their hearts out.

please.

I felt for them too. Can try to imagine the pain.

i wonder those photogs who took the pics felt anything at all.at such a scene like this, one can still depress the shutter button?i know it's their job.but i've tried putting myself in their shoes for these roles, and i think i'll be sacked.

i wonder those photogs who took the pics felt anything at all.at such a scene like this, one can still depress the shutter button?i know it's their job.but i've tried putting myself in their shoes for these roles, and i think i'll be sacked.
well, that is why they are photojournalists and you are not.

I am not sure what I will do, dont want to find out.

It is always sad and painful when a parent lost their child. I feel even sadder that the parents had no time to bring their kids out more often. I was shock to read that it was the girl's 1st time at Sentosa, 1st time at a beach and 1st time in a swimming pool. But alas, it turns out to be her last. This is going to haunt the parents for the rest of their life.

It is always sad and painful when a parent lost their child. I feel even sadder that the parents had no time to bring their kids out more often. I was shock to read that it was the girl's 1st time at Sentosa, 1st time at a beach and 1st time in a swimming pool. But alas, it turns out to be her last. This is going to haunt the parents for the rest of their life.

some parents slog like a horse to support the family.so i'm not at all surprised at the lack of time to bring their kids out.
well, there maybe other reasons but i'm not going there.

i really feel the parents' lost even though i'm not a parent myself.

what surprises me is that NO ONE actually sees the gal struggling/drowning?

or is it like Portraiture folder in cs where bikini clad babes has more number of views as opposed to classical portraiture?

well, that is why they are photojournalists and you are not.

I am not sure what I will do, dont want to find out.

so photojournalists has no emotions?
i dont mean to belittle them.i'm just curious to know how they muster the strength to depress the button.

so photojournalists has no emotions?
i dont mean to belittle them.i'm just curious to know how they muster the strength to depress the button.
that is not the point.

as a journalist, you report, you should not interfere. comes with the job.

photographers are just human. we also feel, but without the picture, how can people know.

sigh.

wei da:thumbsup:

does it need a picture of weeping parents in the newspaper or could the story carry just in the text?
i am sometimes suprised by the explicit graphics one can see in local newspaper...

does it need a picture of weeping parents in the newspaper or could the story carry just in the text?
i am sometimes suprised by the explicit graphics one can see in local newspaper...

if it's textual, will it attract any readers at all?

just imagine 911 event in text without vidz.

if it's textual, will it attract any readers at all?

just imagine 911 event in text without vidz.
i can remember a time when newspapers had (almost) no photos.... and the ones that were in were B&W... people still read it

i can remember a time when newspapers had (almost) no photos.... and the ones that were in were B&W... people still read it

holy cow.i didnt know you were that old!:bigeyes:

OT a bit... No lifeguard around? :(

i often wonder about this too.

sometimes during the weekday. there are too many lifeguards. lifeguards walking around with nothing to do. because nobody in the pool.

but during the weekend, when there are a lot of people, there are less lifeguards!
i don't about other pools, but this is what happens in mine.

i often wonder about this too.

sometimes during the weekday. there are too many lifeguards. lifeguards walking around with nothing to do. because nobody in the pool.

but during the weekend, when there are a lot of people, there are less lifeguards!
i don't about other pools, but this is what happens in mine.
Lifeguards on OFF days during weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.