Girl on the swing revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdivider

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Anyway to blur the background in such a way that it looks as if she is moving?

g1.JPG

here's a shot : run from left to right, all the while focusing on her head. a variant of the panning technique cept now instead of moving subject it s amoving photographer.

that came off the top of my head...

easier way to try post processing in PS? using blur fliter?

Try this... in PS

Do a manual cut-out of the girl (feather your select to about 6 pixel)

Paste the cut-out girl in a new layer
Go back to your previous layer or "the background"
Use the filter - BLUR - Motion blur and adjust until you are satisfied.
Because the cut-out looks a little too surreal or cut out, do a little (in fact very little) motion blur on her.. and there you have it, a blur motioned background

hope it helps!

Originally posted by jon33
here's a shot : run from left to right, all the while focusing on her head. a variant of the panning technique cept now instead of moving subject it s amoving photographer.

that came off the top of my head...

easier way to try post processing in PS? using blur fliter?

WAHAHA!!! If you can get rid of the super camera shake and the bewilldered stares of the strollling crowd in BG first!! :D

Originally posted by SniperD
Try this... in PS

Do a manual cut-out of the girl (feather your select to about 6 pixel)

Paste the cut-out girl in a new layer
Go back to your previous layer or "the background"
Use the filter - BLUR - Motion blur and adjust until you are satisfied.
Because the cut-out looks a little too surreal or cut out, do a little (in fact very little) motion blur on her.. and there you have it, a blur motioned background

hope it helps!

Hmm, lemme try.

Long exposure panning with rear-sync flash may work, remember to keep most of the light from the flash to just the girl and not on the greenery.

andrew

i think its a technique where the flash fires off not when the shutter is pressed (normal situation), but jst before the shutter closes.

using a slower shutter speed to capture the motion blur, and using a flash jst before the shutter closes to capture a single sharp image of the subject.

end up with a (hopefully) sharp image of subject with a motion trail.

something like that i think.

Hmm .. I thought it was rear sync too hahaha .. anyway I think this is what u refering to :
rear flash sync is when the flash fires at the end of an exposure ...
example:
a ballerina dancing ... maybe a 4sec exposure ... flash fires at the end of the four sec before the shutter is closed ;p u should get a picture with a few 'ghost' movements and the final pose (with the flash) very clear .....

Originally posted by tempest
Hmm .. I thought it was rear sync too hahaha .. anyway I think this is what u refering to :
rear flash sync is when the flash fires at the end of an exposure ...
example:
a ballerina dancing ... maybe a 4sec exposure ... flash fires at the end of the four sec before the shutter is closed ;p u should get a picture with a few 'ghost' movements and the final pose (with the flash) very clear .....

wait.. the all important qn: HOW DO YOU ACTIVATE IT?? Is it a setting on the flash or on the camera? Or you have to trigger it remotely/ manually??

Originally posted by SniperD
Hi ANdrew, what's a rear-sync flash??

Sorry, I tend to use too many non-existent terms that make sense only to myself ;p

yeah, along with the subsequent replies, that was indeed what I meant, rear-curtain sync!!

andrew

Originally posted by SniperD thank you darkness.... this really helped a lot.. ^.^ :D

No problem, we are here to help one another. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.