Girl in motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
This is a shot taken today while I was in a moving bus, through the dirty, tinted window. She happened to be the only subject in sight ;) Photos taken with a D70, using 18-70mm f/3.5-f/4.5.

Focal length: 70mm
ISO: 400
Shutter: 1/640, f/8

I was pretty impressed by how nice it turned out, as the bus was bumping along the road :D

Not much post processing apart from some color adjustments to balance out the tinted (and dirty!) window :)

29995455.jpg

Isnt that YIH , NUS?

:D Not bad, you a NUS student?

Composition could be a bit better, doesn't feel any balance or tension (opposite of balance, but in a good way :) ) in it.

Backgrounds is distracting too (pole on the left, bus, car on he right, road divider) :)

I think in this kind of picture (street & candid), expression is very important and it is kinda lacking too :)

Practice makes perfect though ;)

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Thanks Brandon,

Wish I could have had more time to compose the shot, but since the bus was moving (and was about to turn onto that road she's walking along), I had about 2 seconds to aim, focus and get the shot off. Not to mention that there was a really bad streak (prob from a birdie) to the right of the frame (even worse than the one on the subject!) and to the left was my seat, so couldn't go that way :bsmilie:

Wanted to basically show that its possible to get a sharp picture shooting handheld from a moving bus through dirty tinted windows :D

Thanks for viewing :)

Gymrat76 said:
Thanks Brandon,

Wish I could have had more time to compose the shot, but since the bus was moving (and was about to turn onto that road she's walking along), I had about 2 seconds to aim, focus and get the shot off. Not to mention that there was a really bad streak (prob from a birdie) to the right of the frame (even worse than the one on the subject!) and to the left was my seat, so couldn't go that way :bsmilie:

Wanted to basically show that its possible to get a sharp picture shooting handheld from a moving bus through dirty tinted windows :D

Thanks for viewing :)

Tell me about it man. Shooting inside moving bus is like hell :sweat:

Brandon said:

Hehe, especially the way some of the NUS shuttle bus drivers drive.. walau, you'd think they were driving in a rally sometimes :bsmilie:

Gymrat76 said:

it's no surprise given the settings.

1/640s can freeze a bus in motion at 50km/h, hence conversely, taking you as the frame of reference, she is moving pass you at around 50km/h.

as for shooting thru window, aside from the tint, the window doesn't show up as it's outside the depth of field.

Brandon said:

disagree... refer to above post

Gymrat76 said:
Hehe, especially the way some of the NUS shuttle bus drivers drive.. walau, you'd think they were driving in a rally sometimes :bsmilie:

heh... you havent experience how some service 179 bus captains get around in NTU campus. I was nearly ranover by a SuperBus when i was jogging on the road and i was in white!

can try crop off the top a bit more :think:

clive said:
can try crop off the top a bit more :think:

Noted! Thanks

Well, me being new to photography, I was just trying to see if snapping a picture from a moving bus on a subject who was likewise moving would give me a clear, sharp picture, especially through dirty tinted windows.

Artistically, I'd be the first to admit that I've still got lots to learn :)

HOWEVER,

Was there anything suggestive or remotely sexual about the picture that you would consider it as a "voyeur pix"?? :dunno: I could have easily taken a picture of a guy walking down the same road, IF he had been there at that moment, but as it was bloody hot, as well as the semester break, my choice of subjects was limited :)

oeyvind said:
hyun meant the pix is like those of this infamous website

Well, I suppose there's a fine line between photography for art (like here in CS) and photography for 'other reasons'... it depends on how the photographer as well as the viewer interprets it, right? :)

Gymrat76 said:
Noted! Thanks

so u also bought the same crumpler bag as me for the D70. hee hee.

so far what have u shot with your D70? so far i only shoot wedding photos (4 so far).... think shooting wedding is the most fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.