GIC has just booked losses of US$675m

Status
Not open for further replies.
peanuts la.
thank goodness most stocks rebounded,
or it'll be banana this time.

This falls inside my "area of concern" and not in my "area of influence". Since nobody is going to die, lets move along.:)

Not again!

it is amazing that government can take such huge risk and yet they can't use the money to help the poor...

it is amazing that government can take such huge risk and yet they can't use the money to help the poor...

try telling those ministers with fat pay check to go help the poor...:rolleyes:

what poor??? they are no longer classified poor... new terms = "forgotten". hence the charity are now seeking funding from the private sector, seeking private volunteers etc... those that they felt might still remember...... :angry::angry::angry:

ITs okie .. they still got another US$675m to loose anyway ... !!!

Whey whey whey...they got help k. Remember on tv at those charity show u see them dialing their Hp.. U think for show?

They lose 675mill to help the market and fund the capitalists.

:bsmilie: they will say help the poor and we all get poorer. help the riches and they will be a few peanut richer.. :bsmilie:

Anyway, I kind of share some common sentiments with this article on issues such as we should adopt the first world country approach in having an independant inquiry into substaintial losses suffered in which the monies are not even tax but pension funds of thou the citizenry. :)

GIC may lose more than SGD$20 billion dollars of Singapore’s reserves

Many good years ahead. :bsmilie:

How many ways can we withdraw our provident funds (CPF)? :cry::(

There will only be one way soon, that is when we die (assuming you still have much left after servicing your ridiculous housing price).

More good years ahead. :thumbsup:

Its peanuts compared to what they had raked in the previous years..
there's always ups and downs mah in investment mah...

there's always ups and downs mah in investment mah...

Ya there is. But just dun increase this and increase that whenever they lost money.

To have to get president approval for 4.9 billion to help the economy while they have tens of billions to gamble freely is a joke to me.

Ya there is. But just dun increase this and increase that whenever they lost money.

To have to get president approval for 4.9 billion to help the economy while they have tens of billions to gamble freely is a joke to me.

Yah.. Toally agreed...

Status
Not open for further replies.