Ghostly Clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddballz

Apr 24, 2008
Hi all,

Seen many pros in this forum taking sun set or before rain clouds and mosty are those like ghostly effects which makes me drool and me failing to take such pics :)

May i know what are the settings to take note and also tripod stand is a 'Must'? Any photoshop needs to do touch up?

My set up is a Canon 450D with a Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC OS.

Thanks,
:heart:

ghostly clouds, not sure what you are talking about, seems like cloud trails

cloud trails depends on a lot of things that you cannot control, if there is no wind and the clouds don't move much then you will not get very impressive cloud trails, so wind is the key factor. you can add nd filters to extend exposure, even using bulb mode to shoot. anything long enough will work.

Yup i think you guys call it as cloud trails.

Been playing alot with my camera + new lens but never manage to take those clouds effect.

Yup i think you guys call it as cloud trails.

Been playing alot with my camera + new lens but never manage to take those clouds effect.

You will most likely have to take a tripod with you as a compulsory item. ND filters (neutral density) will help you cut down on light so that you can expose for a longer time.

You will most likely have to take a tripod with you as a compulsory item. ND filters (neutral density) will help you cut down on light so that you can expose for a longer time.

Thanks for the advise. Will try it out but will still depend on the climate if it allows me to have the clouds :D

Status
Not open for further replies.