Ghost In a Shell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderman

Oct 28, 2004
Jurong
Sorry that I got to bore you guys with my watch shots again. ;p

This watch is called Invicta Ocean Ghost II. So I present to you... GHOST IN A SHELL!

OGII-2.jpg

OGII-2a.jpg

Comments and critics are welcomed! :)

spiderman said:
OGII-2a.jpg

Comments and critics are welcomed! :)

for this picture (b/w), bottom right of the watch ... maybe you can do something to the red reflection?? cos you've decolourised the background, thus no red objects to reflect.

my 0.00001 cent worth

snapsnap135 said:
actually I prefer the first one ..
what does the rest think?

Thanks for your comment snapsnap! :) I know but I can't do anything cos if I made the side B&W too,(I did tried) and it looked a little weird. I guess I can't get the best of both world! :( :dunno:

spiderman said:
Thanks for your comment snapsnap! :) I know but I can't do anything cos if I made the side B&W too,(I did tried) and it looked a little weird. I guess I can't get the best of both world! :( :dunno:

decolourising may be too harsh ... maybe try toning the colour down by hue/saturation?

This is interesting but I personally dun like that way of how you place. Not saying its wrong or what. But, because of the colour, the watch doesnt seem to stand out among the shells. If you place more of the white shells may be fine? Red shell seem to merge in with the watch. This is just my suggestion hehehe. No hard feeling ok? hehehe ;)

2nd pic stand out more because of the colour. Maybe u can consider process more colour on the PS? IMO. hehe

Or rather place the shiny lightning effect may be in help. :sweatsm:

Just my morning talking.....

hmm, not a bad idea. I think if you are using a more shallow D.O.F should bring out the watch better.

Desaturation instead of B&W would be nice... ;) I personally like the variety of shapes and curves. :thumbsup:

But could you explain why is it called Ghost in a shell again? Don't understand... :dunno:

natnivek said:
Desaturation instead of B&W would be nice... ;) I personally like the variety of shapes and curves. :thumbsup:

But could you explain why is it called Ghost in a shell again? Don't understand... :dunno:

Here's the answer for u. hehehe

This watch is called Invicta Ocean Ghost II. So I present to you... GHOST IN A SHELL!

Hi Jacky,

Wah, you really make alot of effort to set up the shot! :thumbsup:
The pic is sharp. Lighting is fine. Though the watch appear abit reddish at the silver part, perhaps due to the seashells. Personally, I prefer the first one. The second hand is blurry though....
I still find your previous pic nicer though....maybe its the composition, the shell block the number 35, just can see the face of the watch.....just my personal view, but I am not into such still shots, so pardon my ignorance......

Thank you for all your comments.

Josho, I don't have so many white shells leh. :bsmilie: It is a packet of sea shells with mixture inside.

Why I title Ghost in a Shell, cos this model is called INVICTA OCEAN GHOST II, see link:

http://www.discountinvictawatches.com/store-products-Automatic-Pro-Diver-Invicta-Ocean-Ghost-II-Dive-Watches<font-color=red>New<-font>-<2309>-Invicta-2309_7601363.html

So I was thinking since I shot with shells, I title it "Ghost in A Shell", if you guys are Jap comics fans you will know which comic is called Ghost in a Shell. Nothing affliated but just palying with the words. :sweatsm:

I did arrange the watch to be completely seen among the shell but it is like "too outstanding" as it is very obvoius and did not have the effect like lying among the shells. So I just try to "bury" it a little. :sweat:

The DOF I have not tried but I reckon as the shells are quite near to the watch it does not have much effect UNLESS I do a little PS magic on it.

To everyone: FEEL FREE TO TRY ON MY FIRST PIC and I would like very much to see your ideas! please give it ashot and post it back here for me and everyone to learn and have fun! Meanwhile, I'll do a little more with PS to make it stand out. :)

As for the brush, I did use a soft brush and reduced the opacity a little to 83%. I'll try again.

Thank you for viewing. :)

nevertheless, good try, bro. hehehe
;p

Use poster color and paint it white! :bsmilie:

just kidding :sweat:

josho said:
nevertheless, good try, bro. hehehe
;p

Use poster color and paint it white! :bsmilie:

just kidding :sweat:

Don't worry, Bro! I'll do some "magic" with PS and I'll post it again here soon. :)

Sharp as always. :thumbsup: No camera can live up to the reputation of the FZ when it comes to a macro shootout.

The color of the shells is a little gray when it should have been white. Try compensating your exposure up by 1/2 to 1 stop and you will see the difference. The reason being that your camera tends to under expose when it meters on white or highly reflective surfaces. The opposite happens when you meter on dark surfaces. $0.02. :)

Zenten said:
Sharp as always. :thumbsup: No camera can live up to the reputation of the FZ when it comes to a macro shootout.

The color of the shells is a little gray when it should have been white. Try compensating your exposure up by 1/2 to 1 stop and you will see the difference. The reason being that your camera tends to under expose when it meters on white or highly reflective surfaces. The opposite happens when you meter on dark surfaces. $0.02. :)

Hi Zenten! Long time no see! Thanks for your comments! :)

Well the shells are not actually white as in White. I got them from a gift show which sells as a package with a little basket. They are actually for decorative purpose. :bsmilie: I mean where do we find a star fish in red? So I believe some are real and some are fake.

I used F4.6 for a try as it is know to be "best" suitable among the rest. Or maybe I am stupid! :confused:
I'll do some PS with it and post again soon.

Actually to me tat consider a very fanastic shot.. Espically the first one.. can see the amount of effort u put in..
Can teach me how u did the B/W background with colour watch stand out.. copy and paste?? sorry i am new in photo area hope to learn something from all the expert here..

Ultraman said:
Actually to me tat consider a very fanastic shot.. Espically the first one.. can see the amount of effort u put in..
Can teach me how u did the B/W background with colour watch stand out.. copy and paste?? sorry i am new in photo area hope to learn something from all the expert here..

OK Ultraman, it is quite simple but you must have Adobe Photoshop(PS) cos I will explain in PS terms.

1. First, after opening your pic, DUPLICATE the backgorund(your original) as another layer.
2. Click on the second layer so that it is active.
3. Desaturate it(you can find under "Image-Adjustment-Desaturate"). This is make the whole duplicate layer B&W.
4. Select History brush(or Eraser known to some) on the side toolbar. Choose a softer brush and lessen the hardness to say 80%.
5. Now carefully "Erase" the portion which you want it to be seen with color.

You're done! I hope you can manage to get it. :)

Thank Boss. I will try it out let u know the result.

Ultraman said:
Thank Boss. I will try it out let u know the result.

LOL! You're making my head swelling! I hope I am the boss too but unfortunately I am boss! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.