[Ghaz1] Very Basic Photography Series Outing #1 Discussion

omg, serious?!

better handle with care!!!

haha i hope i dont get poison to get one after using it! ;p

Yeah! enowei, you are so lucky to use Manfrotto 190xprob Pro Tripod..;)

omg, serious?!

better handle with care!!!

haha i hope i dont get poison to get one after using it! ;p

Yeah, that's one serious piece of hardware. Make sure you stick to the owner like glue so he can guide you on how to use it properly. ;)

okay! roger that!

Yeah, that's one serious piece of hardware. Make sure you stick to the owner like glue so he can guide you on how to use it properly. ;)

Tip #8: Be Prepared

It's the eve of our outing. How exciting! Therefore, here's my to-do list for any outing. The other experienced shooters may add some more in to make a comprehensive list, in case i accidentally leave anything out.

1) Charge your battery.
Batteries have a bad habit of dying at the most inconvenient time. So I always bring a spare just in case.

2) Pack your camera bag.
Check to make sure everything you need is in the bag the night before. Sometimes we forget that important item which we had taken out previously like the camera for instance! I leave my bag by the door, ready to be grabbed the following morning.

3) Tripod check!
Ensure you have your tripod ready and in working order. I leave mine in the car so it's always there but sometimes I take it out for family portraits so I must remember to put it back otherwise, finding a stable support for long exposures would ruin the fun of the shoot.

4) Wireless remote or Cable release.
You can trigger off using the camera's timer set to 2 sec, but these just make the whole process more convenient and fun.

5) Pack a face towel.
It will be hard work, taking good pictures.

6) Mosquito repellent.
The mozzies will be out during the early hours of the morning. So, unless you have thick skin...

7) LED Torchlight.
Useful to set and check your camera settings in the dark of the blue hour.

8) Switch off image stabilization.
In case we forget to remind you to do this. It is good to switch it off now.

9) Bring some spare cash for TCSS and breakfast session.
This usually follows after the photoshoot, so bring some spare cash.

10) Bring your lenses.
Now's the time to experiment with the view from different types of lenses. Go wild and crazy with your choice. But do use proper technique when changing lenses so that dust doesn't get onto your sensor. They're a major pain when it happens.

11) Set your alarm clock.
There's nothing worse than missing out on a fine outing with perfect weather that only happens once a month!

Last edited:
Woops. Just realize this is tomorrow. How time flies :bigeyes:

So got your short column?

Nope, went down ask last week; they say come in maybe one or two months time. :cry:

Now I dunno where's my UWA also, coz everything packed up into boxes. I think tmr I might end up with a 50mm lens :rolleyes:

Nope, went down ask last week; they say come in maybe one or two months time. :cry:

Now I dunno where's my UWA also, coz everything packed up into boxes. I think tmr I might end up with a 50mm lens :rolleyes:

Can't help sorry you. Canon user......

Can't help sorry you. Canon user......

Heh, it's okay. I think I'm kinda too tired and worn out to shoot anything really. Maybe just turn up, brekkie, then wait for Ikea to open and go shop shop shop again. :embrass:

Anyone has measuring tape, can I borrow one err.. kinda permanently. Haha. Kidding.

Is it too late to ask if anyone coming from northern side... like AMK or Bishan? :embrass: