[Ghaz1] Street Series

Admiring the sunrise

dsc5015.jpg

this is nice. admire your patience which resulted in this shot hehe

this is nice. admire your patience which resulted in this shot hehe

Haha, yes i was shooting landscape but the opportunity for a candid shot presented itself so i merged the two. Kicked myself for not being open minded enough. Waited so long for him to move away just because it's supposed to be a "landscape" shot, before someting clicked in my brain and i switched to street shooting mode.

The conversion to black and white works really well here. great capture! there is so much to learn from you.

Thanks, i'm still learning too. Sometimes, like in that picture, the choice to go B&W is obvious but many times it can be a toss up between colour or B&W coz each has its strengths and purpose. Just coz it's streets doesn't mean we have to stick to one medium, though B&W does fit in rather well to streets... most of the time. ;)

The Reader

thereader.jpg

The Distant Jogger

dsc5186.jpg

Good Friend

goodfriend.jpg

Fortune Be Told

fortunebetold.jpg

Buddha Watching Charity

buddhawatchingcharity.jpg

Seems like he approves of the lady's generosity. ;)

nice shot and timing too.

Bugis Street? Near the temple there i assume?

Yes. That's the location if i remember correctly. Shot this some time back.:think:

Prosperity Beckons

1prosperitybeckons.jpg

Prosperity Beckons 2

1prosperitybeckons2.jpg

Shooting the Shooters

dsc5886k.jpg

Streets Raw Edit

streetsrawedit.jpg

Free Read

freeread.jpg

What is your subject here? How can you make it stand out better from the rest of the pic?

The subject is the lady "stealing" a free read from the newspaper and the vendor "reading" me taking the picture and you trying to "read" the meaning from the image. An endless visual cycle of interpretation and making meanings.

Specs On

specson.jpg