Gf's bro wanted my free service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

palvin

Jan 9, 2005
Sengkang
palvin.multiply.com
I know Its not good to say bad things of my gf's bro in a public forum but it did made me a little furious.

See, during my gf bro's ROM, he did not want me to take pic for him. He only asked my gf to take using the P+S camera. My gf is quite concern over the quality of the photo and hence asked me to take for him. Ok, so i reluctantly take it for him using my DSLR and i was not appreciated that much. Its free service and i did it for my gf's request.

Then this time, her bro wants me to be the AD photographer for his wedding day and dinner. What he suggested was that i can go to the wedding dinner without giving him "ang pow" but i need to be the photographer for the day! Its like giving me a free meal for my effort.

The way he puts it, is telling me that my service is worth only the market price of the wedding dinner "ang pow".

So do you think i still take it for him for free? Cos he can easily engage a photographer from Malaysia and it cost only RM$500. But lets say if i charge him cheap price at $250. After giving him a $80 "ang pow", i still have $170 left!

Her bro is a little cheap skate. Pros out there, what are your advices?

U go 'enjoy' his dinner... give him the ang pow...

afterall... u MIGHT be seeing him for the rest of your life... depending who outlast who... so might as well dun let him have chance to say your skills sucks if anything u never capture...

Hahahaaha

my uncle also tell me to shoot for my cousin wedding. I tell him I charge ..
And then he tell me .. blood is thicker than water or something ??

Then I tell him $ is thicker than blood :bsmilie:

give him the ang pow, take the dinner and give me yr camera? fair enough?

I know Its not good to say bad things of my gf's bro in a public forum but it did made me a little furious.

See, during my gf bro's ROM, he did not want me to take pic for him. He only asked my gf to take using the P+S camera. My gf is quite concern over the quality of the photo and hence asked me to take for him. Ok, so i reluctantly take it for him using my DSLR and i was not appreciated that much. Its free service and i did it for my gf's request.

Then this time, her bro wants me to be the AD photographer for his wedding day and dinner. What he suggested was that i can go to the wedding dinner without giving him "ang pow" but i need to be the photographer for the day! Its like giving me a free meal for my effort.

The way he puts it, is telling me that my service is worth only the market price of the wedding dinner "ang pow".

So do you think i still take it for him for free? Cos he can easily engage a photographer from Malaysia and it cost only RM$500. But lets say if i charge him cheap price at $250. After giving him a $80 "ang pow", i still have $170 left!

Her bro is a little cheap skate. Pros out there, what are your advices?

tell him you're invited by your girlfriend to attend her brother's wedding, not going there to work for someone else.

Your gf bro take you for granted leh.
Go for a tour during his wedding day, then u got excuse not to shoot.:cool:

i'm not a pro. Here's my take.

If i'm you, I will tell him that my equipment is schedule for some maintainance during the period, not sure if able to get back in time from the service centre. After a few days, will tell him that certain parts are out of stock hence, unable to take the shoot.

Reason being, if accept to shoot for him, given your description of him, he might lay the blame on you if he doesn't like the photos taken. Just let him spend the money and hire a cheap photographer, and free yourself from the potential trouble that you may be caught in.

If you want to do it since he is your GF brother, do it because you want to do it with your whole heart, and not half heartedly........you can still give an ang pow, no matter whether you take the pics or not, maybe this way you can change him. But thats not your problem.....your problem is only whether you want to do it or not.

Whether he appreciates it or not, that is not your problem.......you have done your part, and you should feel happy about it.

Hong Sien

why dun you tell him you give him a rm$500 "ang pow" by hiring the photographer for him and you go and enjoy the dinner? If he's not happy then just say you dun really feel comfortable going for the dinner with so many relatives around.

My opinion, try not to offend your "possibly" future brother in-law! Would be quite awkward in the future. Perhaps give an excuse?

why dun you tell him you give him a rm$500 "ang pow" by hiring the photographer for him and you go and enjoy the dinner? If he's not happy then just say you dun really feel comfortable going for the dinner with so many relatives around.

future is at stake... but resistance is futile... :bsmilie:

Put on a 300mm prime on your DSLR and tell him your camera not suits to take wedding.
Ask him to take a look himself so that he know excatly what you mean.

just tell him that you are afraid to mess up pics for people that you know and suggest that he hire someone else.

I kinda agree with this.. Hire him a photog, and consider that as a gift to him and his wife. That way, you are generous, you did not reject him, and you still come out on top!.. having a good dinner with your girlfriend.

Hahahaaha

my uncle also tell me to shoot for my cousin wedding. I tell him I charge ..
And then he tell me .. blood is thicker than water or something ??

Then I tell him $ is thicker than blood :bsmilie:

:thumbsup: Thats a good one! But he is my potential bro-in-law leh. How? :confused:

The worst is to do it for him and (gasped) the photos come out bad! How to answer to him, his wife, your girlfriend, and worst, your future parents-in-law!! Murphy works 24hrs, so be warned!!

Tell him that you got another real paying wedding event to shoot for on that same day! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.