Gf's bro wanted my free service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put on a 300mm prime on your DSLR and tell him your camera not suits to take wedding.
Ask him to take a look himself so that he know exactly what you mean.

Or this one works too!!

That is ................ Until he picks up photography and realised you are snooking him!! :angel:

Your gf bro take you for granted leh.
Go for a tour during his wedding day, then u got excuse not to shoot.:cool:

i'm not a pro. Here's my take.

If i'm you, I will tell him that my equipment is schedule for some maintainance during the period, not sure if able to get back in time from the service centre. After a few days, will tell him that certain parts are out of stock hence, unable to take the shoot.

Reason being, if accept to shoot for him, given your description of him, he might lay the blame on you if he doesn't like the photos taken. Just let him spend the money and hire a cheap photographer, and free yourself from the potential trouble that you may be caught in.

Yah, i'm thinking of an excuse not to shoot for him. I am not even interested in attending his dinner.

If you want to do it since he is your GF brother, do it because you want to do it with your whole heart, and not half heartedly........you can still give an ang pow, no matter whether you take the pics or not, maybe this way you can change him. But thats not your problem.....your problem is only whether you want to do it or not.

Whether he appreciates it or not, that is not your problem.......you have done your part, and you should feel happy about it.

Hong Sien

He's someone who is too calculative. Even his own sister, he will calculate every single cents. Hence, i don't think i have the heart to take pics for him.

The worst is to do it for him and (gasped) the photos come out bad! How to answer to him, his wife, your girlfriend, and worst, your future parents-in-law!! Murphy works 24hrs, so be warned!!

Yah. That may happen too. Perhaps he will unreasonably say that i did not do it well for him cost he did not pay me.

I think it is a situation all of us photography enthusiasts can relate to. You own a large camera, people look upon you as a means of recording a wedding day on film (or memory cards).

I normally turn down requests to shoot ROM or weddings because it simply isn't my cup of tea. The exceptions I make are when I want to do it to help the couple, or if I owe them a debt of gratitude. The usual precautions are issued - that though I may dabble in photography, wedding photography and portraits isn't one of them.

You can't expect a renowned prize-winning French chef to whip up a 10 course Chinese dinner without lots of practice and instruction.

And so, I've only done 3 so far - 1 AD, and 2 ROMs, I didn't enjoy doing them, but I can't say I didn't feel some pride when the bride of one of the ROMs I shot requested that I do her AD as well. I was there on her husband's behest, while she had hired another photographer. But I've already decided I didn't want to do this anymore, and forwarded the offer to one of my friends who does do wedding photography.

gf only.. not wife yet.
if u give him free service now, you'll probably end up giving him free services all your life.

best way out now is to be 'busy' that day.

like some had suggested, just tell him that u are not good enough to take up the responsiblity. imagine, since he is so calculative, what will he says if he doesnt like any of your shots.

gf only.. not wife yet.
if u give him free service now, you'll probably end up giving him free services all your life.

How about being on "reservist training" for the weekend? Be creative, but credible.

:bsmilie:

He knows that i got take wedding pics before mah.

then be as calculative as him. make him cover all possible damages that arises on that day :devil: make sure it's in black and white. don't go through your girlfriend, speak to him in person :sticktong

I think it is a situation all of us photography enthusiasts can relate to. You own a large camera, people look upon you as a means of recording a wedding day on film (or memory cards).

I normally turn down requests to shoot ROM or weddings because it simply isn't my cup of tea. The exceptions I make are when I want to do it to help the couple, or if I owe them a debt of gratitude. The usual precautions are issued - that though I may dabble in photography, wedding photography and portraits isn't one of them.

You can't expect a renowned prize-winning French chef to whip up a 10 course Chinese dinner without lots of practice and instruction.

And so, I've only done 3 so far - 1 AD, and 2 ROMs, I didn't enjoy doing them, but I can't say I didn't feel some pride when the bride of one of the ROMs I shot requested that I do her AD as well. I was there on her husband's behest, while she had hired another photographer. But I've already decided I didn't want to do this anymore, and forwarded the offer to one of my friends who does do wedding photography.

Well said! So, we cannot be forced to do the things we don't like.

gf only.. not wife yet.

I agree! Then he'll intro me to his friend and says to his friends that i can do for free! Or i can do for free since i am his potential bro-in-law. I've experienced this many times already. Guess i just have to be firm on my decision. :)

then just say u really dun think u are up to it. If he's persistent then just be persistent in declining loh. give wat ever reason u can to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.