GF1 spare battery

I am glad to have people from other countries sharing their experience here. Not all equipment worked in cool/cold and/or hot/warm environment.

Back to the topic. There are a few online companies in Singapore who sell third party batteries, or even original at attractive prices.

I agree fully with you. Panny has goofed up in their public relations with this stupid third party business. They think third party battery suppliers are stupid. Within 3 months maybe shorter, V1.2 compatible third party batteries were available. Didn't help their battery sales I'm sure but definitely resulted in a big PR mess for them. Nowadays, they don't seem to mention this much. Let see if they will highlight this again in their coming upgrade in May.

Yea love ebay! :D

yay so mine works... i bought it from Orient for $35... a bit expensive should have turned to ebay :)

Hi, I bought mine from Orient as well. It didn't worked on my GF1. It can't even charge properly. The LED on the charger keeps blinking.

Hi, I bought mine from Orient as well. It didn't worked on my GF1. It can't even charge properly. The LED on the charger keeps blinking.

Strange... Go back to them...

Coz at the shop I kept asking over and over whether or not this would work due to the security ID chip, and the fella kept assuring me over and over again it would if not just bring it back

Strange... Go back to them...

Coz at the shop I kept asking over and over whether or not this would work due to the security ID chip, and the fella kept assuring me over and over again it would if not just bring it back

When I first got the battery, my body firmware was still 1.0. The battery didn't work. The LED on the charger was blinking. Ignoring the LED, I updated my firmware to 1.1. The same empty nothing appeared.

The 3rd party battery I got from Orient was ITTOU, with a label that says "Fits Panasonic DMW-BLB13E 5800MAH 7.2V". Was yours the same battery as mine? Did the LED blinked when you charged?

yeap same... irrou japan, panasonic dmw-blb13e 5800mah 7.2v

updated to latest version and works =\

i think u can try to go back there and do a swap

edit: didn't blink when charging either =\

Last edited:
yeap same... irrou japan, panasonic dmw-blb13e 5800mah 7.2v

updated to latest version and works =\

i think u can try to go back there and do a swap

edit: didn't blink when charging either =\

Thanks, will do that.

edit: Changed. The second one is working now. SLR Revolution quoted a spare for only SGD22. Bought mine at Orient for SGD34.

Last edited:
Hi All,
Upgraded my G1 to V1.5 with my third party battery and everything works fine. There is still a warning in the down load site that warns that third party batteries cannot work after upgrading. Ha ha Panny is so behind time or are they sticking their heads in the sand:dunno: