GF1 Lens Filter

sdibyl03

Jun 12, 2010
Hi! I'm looking for lens filter for GF1. 20mm and 14-45mm lens.
Am a newbie so appreciate if you can recommend me the filter brand and approx price.

I just need a decent filter to serve the purpose of lens protection. Price range ~ average.

Thanks!

Hi! I'm looking for lens filter for GF1. 20mm and 14-45mm lens.
Am a newbie so appreciate if you can recommend me the filter brand and approx price.

I just need a decent filter to serve the purpose of lens protection. Price range ~ average.

Thanks!

I use Hoya HMC UV(O) (46mm@$30) and Hoya HMC UV(C)/UV(O) (52mm@$20). The 46mm is harder to come by. Check with MScolor. Don't ask what is the difference between UV(O) and UV(C) as there appears to be different answers but none authoritative.

Avonez, can len cap be closed even with the filter attach to the lens? :) Cuz I dont want to remove the filter all the time. Thanks.

Avonez, can len cap be closed even with the filter attach to the lens? :) Cuz I dont want to remove the filter all the time. Thanks.

Yes, the lens cap and/or lens hood can be used w/o having to remove these filters. These UV filters are meant more for protecting the lens when the caps are off for those walking shoots rather than for their 'cutting through haze' or 'UV' abilities.

Hoya has a long tradition in making filters. Their HMC UV filters have also been compared favourably (good value, low image degradation) with other similar filters.

For filters you can't go wrong with Hoya HMC, B+W MrC, or Heliopan SH-PMC. Hoya is better for money than the latter two.

I think its rather useless to put a filter on the 20mm lens. It will reduce the speed for indoor shots. Just sayin.