GF issue...

Sep 27, 2010
Hi guys, I was wondering how many of you here use or used Gary Fong's WhaleTail (either Reporter or Studio). Coz I'm thinking of getting 1 (leaning towards Studio) but want to check on your opinions 1st... :think:

Either I get a GF WT Studio or a GF LS Collapsible, coz I somehow have the idea that Reporter would be smaller than LS Collapsible. Or am I wrong? :dunno:

Pls share your opinions on these 3 items, yeah? Is it really worth the cash to splash? Cheers! :)

(btw, I'm no pro) :angel:

Anson

Jul 31, 2006
ansonchew.com
www.ansonchew.com
For portraiture work.. LS is still one of my fav light modifier, while I use WT mainly for a do it all light modifier.

BTW, I do own a variety of light modifier eg: omnibounce, ring flash, snoot, beauty dish, softbox, etc Ultimately it's really depend on what is your desired outcome of their usage. ;)

Zahne

Aug 19, 2009
Jurong East
www.flickr.com
LS is my fav for portrait too, but need more power to light up. I thought you got issue with ya girlfriend :bsmilie:

Sep 27, 2010
Haha, I knew somebody was gonna fall for that "GF issue" thingy, hehe! Sorry! :D

But thanks for the responses. The thing is I've borrowed n used a LS (I/II?) 1/2 cloud before n was amazed by it. I've only used a bouncer before that. So it seems like LS 2 - WT 0. I don't think I'd mainly shoot portrait coz I'll probably shoot all sorts with my itchy hand... ;p

Anson, is it worth the bulkiness n weight for the WhaleTail? Is it worth carrying it around?

Sep 27, 2010
The size is about the similar to LS, only thing is that it doesn't collapse for easy storage.
Do you guys actually use/adjust the flaps that much when using WT? Ever encountered broken flap issue?

Sep 27, 2010
Thank u! I think I'll order my GF WT for Christmas! Happy Holidays everyone... :)

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
thread title is really so misleading, please use a proper thread title.
you won't get much replies to your question and it won't help others looking for similar enquires by using search function.

Sep 27, 2010
Apologies, I'll avoid using short names for next threads :embrass:

Top Bottom